Upcoming WES Events
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Parent Academy: Math for Grades K, 1st, & 2nd
12:30 PM FCS Board Work Session
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Mistletoe & Merriment Performance
8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Parent Academy: Math for Grades 3rd, 4th, & 5th
December 14, 2023
4:30 PM FCS Board Meeting
Contact North Transportation, 470 - 254 - 2970, for information regarding late buses.
You can also use the Here Comes the Bus app for live GPS tracking. For more information, visit Fulton's Here Comes the Bus page.
The Book Fair is coming!
For the 2023 - 2024 school year, we have made the Book Fair switch from Scholastic to Literati. Literati is a company focused on literacy that provides curated book club and book fair experiences. They believe that a reading foundation comes from providing thoughtful book experiences for every reading. To learn more about Literati and what they are about, visit the Literati website.
Visit the Media Center section of the Woodland Website for all the information you need for this year's book fair! Media Center / WES Library: General Information (fultonschools.org)
- Woodland's Online Literati Book Fair Website: https://tinyurl.com/WESLiteratiBF
- Fall Dates: November 27th - December 1st
- Location: Media Center
- Operating Hours: Open from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm daily, with a break from 10:00 am - 11:00 am. We will also have extended hours from 3:30 - 4:45 on Wednesday, prior to STEM Night. Parents will not be allowed to shop at the book fair during school hours. If you would like to shop, please visit us during our extended hours.
- Volunteers: https://tinyurl.com/5srx4m4s
- Volunteering at the Book Fair will earn you one Paw Pact point per session.
- If you sign up to volunteer, please be sure to complete the FCS Volunteer Application Process at least 48 hours before your first volunteer session: Safety & Security / Volunteer Application Form (fultonschools.org).
- Sidenote: There will be times when we don't have any students in the book fair. When this happens, we will have other tasks the volunteers can help with.
- Payment Methods: cash, credit, debit, or book fair gift cards
Woodland ES School Tours
Hi Parents! If you have a child that will be newly enrolling in Woodland in the 2023-24 school year, and you would like to attend a tour of the building, we have upcoming tour dates available! Please fill out the form below in order to request a school tour at Woodland ES. These will be held in small groups, twice a month. Once I receive your request, I will email you to confirm the appointment date/time. Please note, all tours will begin at the assigned start time, so please ensure you arrive at school on time, so that you do not miss the tour. Please note, the last tour date for this school year will be at the end of April to ensure a secure testing environment for Georgia Milestones. Thank you!
Woodland ES Tour Sign-Up Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4AAEA629A2FAC61-46376890-woodland
All students wear the Woodland uniform. Please see the details below about the uniforms:
- Shirts: Collared shirt, long-sleeved or short, with or without the Woodland logo. The colors are red, white, or navy. Turtlenecks are acceptable.
- Pants: Navy or khaki shorts or pants. Shorts should be mid-thigh to knee length. Pleated or elastic waist pants are acceptable. Jeans, sweatpants, or tight leggings are not acceptable. Girls may also wear navy or khaki skirts, skorts, or jumpers, provided they are mid-thigh to knee length. During colder months, tights of uniform color (red, white, or navy blue) may be worn underneath skirts.
- Shoes & Socks: Closed-toed athletic (sneakers) with red, white, or navy socks will ensure that students are properly dressed for P.E. and recess. Shoes should be in neutral colors such as black, brown, or white. Crocs are not allowed.
- PE: Athletic style shoes are required for PE. Students will not be allowed to participate in PE if they are not wearing appropriate shoes and their grade may be negatively impacted for failure to participate.
- Accessories: Purses, caps, headphones, etc. are not permitted at school unless authorized by the principal or teacher.
We look forward to seeing all the students arrive dressed in school uniform and ready to learn!
Every effort is made to ensure open communication between home and school. Teachers and parents should communicate regularly regarding questions or concerns that arise during the school year. To stay connected, please read all correspondence that comes home with your child and/or is sent electronically. It is extremely important that your email is up to date in Infinite Campus. Most of the communication from the school will be sent using the email address we have on file. You can update this information by logging into your parent portal account. We are committed to providing all stakeholders with clear and transparent communication. Please see below our forms of communication.
- Principal’s Newsletter: a direct communication from the principal sent on Thursdays. Please be sure we have your email on file so that you will receive this communication.
- PBIS Rewards helps you stay informed about what is happening in your child’s classroom. Each teacher will observe a quiet hour notification between the hours of 8:00am – 2:30pm, during instructional time. During this time, they will be unable to respond to messages. In most cases, you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- Samples of Work are sent home to keep you updated on your child’s progress. All classroom teachers will send Thursday folders for graded work.
- Infinite Campus/Parent Portal is available for you to monitor your child’s grades. We encourage you to utilize this system to stay current with your child’s progress. Usernames and passwords are valid from year to year for continuously enrolled students.
- Written Notes: Most communication can be handled through written notes. Please be sure to let your child know that he/she has a note for the teacher.
- Email: All teachers have county provided email addresses. Please note that teachers are not able to check email during instructional time. In most cases, you will receive a response.
- Phone Calls: Teachers are unavailable to take phone calls during the instructional day. Please be aware that it may be late in the afternoon before your message is received and your call returned. In most cases, you will receive a response within 24-48 hours.
- Conferences: We encourage regular communication to discuss your child’s progress at school. Conferences may be initiated by the parent, teacher, or administrator and held at a mutually agreeable time.
- Website – the school website is https://www.fultonschools.org/woodlandes. Please visit our site regularly for the most current information and resources.
- If your student is a car rider for dismissal, please remain in your car, for the safety of your students and staff members. Exiting your car to meet your child delays our ability to expedite the dismissal process and keep students and staff safe.
- Our school day begins at 7:40 am and ends at 2:20 pm daily. Students may begin arriving at 7:00 am and should be in the classroom at 7:40 am. Students arriving after 7:40 will be marked tardy. Parents will need to escort their students in for check-in at the front desk if they arrive after 7:40 am. Let’s work together to establish a consistent, timely routine for your student.
- If you are riding the school bus, please make sure you arrive at your bus stop at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time. Your bus information may be found at https://www.fultonschools.org/transportation.
Our Cafeteria may provide, at a cost to the parent, frozen treats, $1.00 each for your child and their class. All treats are big 9 allergen-free, unless indicated. There are a variety of flavors and a non-dairy option. The birthday treat meets USDA requirements for smart snacks in school, and the Cafeteria Staff delivers it to your child’s class for all to enjoy!! Be sure to signup and pay for this convenience through our cafeteria.
Attendance Matters- Click here to learn more!
Documentation when a child is absent:
- Parents should email or send a note to the child’s school letting them know why their child was absent.
- The following must be included in the note/email:
- Student Name
- Student FCS ID Number (Lunch Number)
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Email & Phone Number
- Reason for Excuse
- The following must be included in the note/email:
- A school may request additional documentation if a student has reached the following benchmarks
- After 3 consecutive ill absences, a doctor’s note will be required
- 7 or more days for any reason (not including assigned remote)
- 10 or more late arrivals or early checkouts
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
It is CRITICAL that all FCS parents be connected through Infinite Campus. All portal accounts require a 1-time activation to create your ID and password. You must be a parent/guardian of a current FCS student and have the following information to activate an account.
- Student's first and last name (as entered on birth certificate)
- Student ID number
- Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Student grade level (2023 - 2024 grade level)
To set-up your account, please enter your email here: Campus Parent Portal Activation
Please note: If you are unable to activate your account by answering the verification questions, please contact Stephanie Cumberbatch email@example.com.
We are a Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school!
Please download the PBIS Rewards Family App and reach out to your child's teacher to receive your child's special connection code. Once you're connected, you will be able to send messages to and receive messages from your child's teacher. You will also receive messages that are sent to the entire school. Connect today!
Download the Android App
Download iOS App