Talent / Human Resources
- Talent/HR Home
- Join Our Team!
- Talent Directory
- Teach in Fulton
- Substitute in Fulton
- Lead in Fulton
- Support in Fulton
- Career Fairs & Events
- Payroll and Employee Benefits
- Leave Administration
- Income Verification & Forms
- Parents' Right to Know
Income Based Verification Process
Effective 6/1/2015 the Fulton County Schools Personnel Records Department is using The Work Number to provide verifications directly to mortgage lenders, banks, apartment complexes, and others who may need proof of your employment or income. The service is easy to use and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
FCBOE Employer Code is 17127.
If a verifier is specifically requesting a salary key from you as proof of consent, please follow the instructions below.
Other Types of Employment Verifications
OTHER TYPES OF EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATIONS
For all other employment verifications (Loan Forgiveness, school experience forms for a new school system (if the employee is leaving FCBOE), immigration forms or letters, summer letters for Substitute Teachers, etc.), please send all forms and requests to Personnel Records (see address below).
- Include the employee’s personal information including employee ID number or social security number on the form or request as well as the employee’s personal information filled out on the form.
- Include the employee’s actual signature on the form or request allowing FCBOE to release the information. If there is no space for the employee’s signature on the form, on a separate sheet of paper, please state that you are allowing FCBOE to release the information. This document must be signed and dated and sent with the verification form.
- Forms and requests are accepted via fax, U. S. mail, email (as a pdf attachment), or via school mail.
- Please indicate how and where the form is to be sent when it is completed.
- We will only send the form to one designated individual in one of the following forms of transmission – email, fax, or U.S. mail. We do not use duplicate forms of transmission.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for forms or letters to be processed (7-10 business days in the summer).
Fulton County Schools
Attn: Personnel Records
6201 Powers Ferry Rd, NW
Atlanta, Ga. 30339
School mail: Address to “Personnel Records, Administration Building”
E-mail: Records@fultonschools.org (send form/signed request/signed release as a pdf attachment)
If you have further questions, please call us at 470/254-6870.
Creating Salary Keys
If you are asked to provide one from the verifier, please follow the instructions below. In most cases, your consent is provided at the point of application for a service (when you sign a loan application or similar agreement) and a Salary Key is not required.
First step: Access your employee account at www.theworknumber.com.
- Click the “I’m an Employee” tab
- Click “Enter Site”
- Enter your employer’s name or code (or use the “Find Employer Name” look-up feature)
- Click “Log In”
- Enter your User ID
Note – If this is your first time accessing The Work Number, you will use a default User ID and PIN sequence established by your employer.
Default User ID: Employee’s SSN
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your PIN
Note – If this is your first time accessing The Work Number, you will be guided through some additional, simple account setup steps. Our site protects your data privacy using a secure, Risk Based Authentication system similar to many banking and financial services sites.
Pin: Employee’s birthdate year and last 4 digits of SSN
- Click “Log In”
Creating and managing Salary Keys
- Click “Prove Income to Verifiers”
- Click “Create Salary Key”
- Click “New Salary Key”
- The new salary key can be printed or emailed with instructions for the verifier on how to use it through The Work Number. The Salary Key itself can be provided to the verifier along with your employer name or code along with your social security number.
Note – At any point, select the “Salary Key Activity” link to view the status (used, unused, expired) of keys you have created.
NOTE: Fulton County Schools Charter Schools are separate entities and maintain their own employee records. The Personnel Records Department at Fulton County Schools is unable to provide any employment information for Fulton County Schools Charter Schools. All current or former Charter School employees should contact the specific Charter School directly for any employee records or information. If the charter school has closed, please contact the Fulton County Schools Charter School Department at (470) 254-4919 for further instruction.