Graduation Update 4.22.22
Dear Senior Families:
Graduation is just 4 weeks away, and we are so excited to celebrate this wonderful rite of passage with you! A lot of information has been communicated regarding graduation, Baccalaureate, Senior Carnival, end-of-year processes, etc., so we are sending this bulleted list of information regarding the next four weeks to help you leading up to the Commencement Ceremony Wednesday, May 18, 2022, 7:30 pm at Gas South Arena in Gwinnett.
- TODAY!!!! – Make sure you have PAID your full Senior Activity Fee so that your senior can collect his/her graduation yard sign and attend the Senior Carnival! Go to jchsptsa.comfor more information.
- Friday, April 22, 2022 – Pick up your cap and gown in the cafeteria during lunches. If you have not paid your cap and gown fee, you can still do so at 3rdascent.com.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 – School device collection for seniors will take place during English classes. Be sure to bring the charger to turn in as well. Students with damage to their devices will be charged $100. Students who have lost their device will be charged $250. Lost/damaged chargers are $30. All fees owed to the school must be settled to receive graduation tickets at practice on May 17th.
- By Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Required Senior Exit Survey - Complete the Senior Exit Survey and graduation activities. The survey has been uploaded and is available in your Naviance Student account. To access your Naviance student account, please log into Classlink and open the Naviance Student app. From there, you can follow the attached instructions to complete the Senior Exit Survey for the Class of 2022. If you do not see it on your Naviance Student homepage under the “What’s New” section, please follow the instructions in the attached document and navigate to the “see all in my planner” and “tasks assigned to me” pages. Senior exit survey must be completed to receive graduation tickets.
- By Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Upload proof of college/job acceptances as well as any scholarships or grants that have been awarded AND Request one final transcript for the college/organization that may require submission of this document. If you are an athlete and need one for NCAA, you may also request a final transcript to be sent to NCAA. We anticipate these final transcripts to be sent over the summer once transcripts are finalized.
- Thursday, May 12th – Senior Check-Out Event in the Media Center - This event will take place during the school day during flex period and the student’s lunch period. Seniors will receive their JCHS yearbook and their senior yard sign from PTSA. Students will also receive clearance for their required senior exit activities from their counselor. Eligibility and final clearance for graduation will be determined after senior grades are posted.
- Wednesday, May 11th through Friday, May 13th – Senior Final Exam Days – Note: attendance will be taken during senior exam week, and students are expected to be in attendance for all classes.
- Wed May 11, 2022 - 1st Period & 7th Period
- Thur May 12, 2022 - 2nd Period & 6th Period
- Fri May 13, 2022 - 3rd Period, 4th Period & 5th Periods*
- Senior exam days are normal school days: 8:20 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Periods 1-7 meet each day. Exams are within the normal class period.
*Note that all students have a lunch period 3rd, 4th, or 5th maintaining a maximum of two exams per day
- Sunday, May 15th – Baccalaureate Ceremony, Johns Creek Baptist Church – Seniors arrive at 2:30. Service starts at 3:00. This is not a school sponsored event, but the entire senior class and their families are invited. Questions about Baccalaureate? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, May 16th – Senior Carnival from 11:00-2:00 PM, between the school and stadium. There will be games, a big slide, burrito food truck, ice cream truck, and a DJ. Seniors who paid the PTSA activity fee will be admitted at no additional cost. All others can pay $50 at the gate to enter.
- Tuesday, May 17th – Mandatory Graduation Practice in the JCHS Auditorium from 10 am to Noon. Senior Breakfast immediately preceding practice from 9am to 10am in the Plaza between the school building and the stadium. Graduation tickets will be distributed to students at the end of Graduation Practice.
- Graduation Tickets – Tickets are required to attend graduation.
- Tickets will be distributed to students at the end of Graduation Practice (10 tickets per graduate).
- Graduates have the option to purchase up to 5 extra tickets at $10 each, beginning May 1st (an email will be sent with a link to purchase on the school’s online payment site.)
- Any child older than two (2) must have a ticket.
- Senior Survey must be completed, and all school-related fines must be settled to receive tickets.
- Wednesday, May 18th – Seniors report to the Gas South Arena at 5:30 pm. Doors open for families and guests at 6:30 p.m. The ceremony starts at 7:30 pm and will last approximately 90 minutes. Gas South Arena is a clear bag facility. More details about logistics will be sent later.
- Graduation Dress – Boys should wear dress pants, solid white or pastel dress shirts, tie (recommended, but not required), and dress shoes. Girls should wear “dressy” attire and dress shoes (heels are not recommended, as you will be climbing up and down stairs). No flip-flops, sliders, crocs, tennis shoes or hiking boots.
- Honor Cords – Honor graduates are distinguished by wearing honor cords at the commencement. Summa Cum Laude graduates have earned a cumulative weighted average of 100 or above. Magna Cum Laude graduates have earned numeric weighted averages of 96 or above, and Cum Laude Honor Graduates have a cumulative numeric weighted average of 88 and above. Honor Graduate status is determined as of the end of 1st semester senior year, and there is no rounding up to reach the minimum average. Cords are optional and are available for purchase at https://tinyurl.com/y5uysdas until May 10th. Please confirm eligibility for an honor cord by checking their transcript in Infinite Campus before purchasing online.
- Organizations and Club Honor Accessories – Members can order and pay for their NHS, Beta Club, and other Honor Society collars, cords, tassels, etc. through the organizations’ sponsors.
- The Graduation Ceremony will be live streamed for in-home viewing. Link will be emailed and posted on the school’s website and social media the week of graduation.
Questions about the Senior Exit Survey and transcripts, speak with your counselor.
Questions about the Senior Activity Fee/Senior Carnival email email@example.com
Questions about Baccalaureate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the graduation practice, ceremony or tickets email email@example.com
Thank you, and congratulations to the Class of 2022!