- North Springs
The FCS Magnet Program Application link has gone live and will be active from today (11/15/22) until midnight on January 15, 2023. Please go to our magnet page for more details and to access the Application link. (https://www.fultonschools.org/domain/6323 )
2023-2024 FCS MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
Hello and welcome to the North Springs High School Website. Please take some time to explore the magnet page of our website (located under the Academics tab) for specifics about the NSHS Magnet program. There you will find information detailing to a sample 4 year plan, an informational power point, a fact sheet, and Visual & Performing Arts audition requirements. If you have any additional questions or would like additional information about the Magnet program, please reach out to our program coordinator, Mr. James Landreau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below information pertaining to the Magnet application for the 2023-2024 school year!
A few reminders about magnet eligibility, a student must reside at a Fulton County Schools address or be zoned for a Fulton County School. Unfortunately, students residing in APS district (while still Fulton County) are not eligible for program admission. If you live outside of FCS district you can apply if you will be living within FCS district by the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year. Proof of residency is required as part of the enrollment process.
NSHS Admission requirements:
- Must have an overall Cumulative GPA of 80 (B) or higher.
- Must have an 80 or higher grade in current Fine arts course (for VPA or Dual magnet applicants)
- Must have an 85 or higher grade in current Math/Science courses (for Math/Science or Dual applicants)
- Magnet students are held to high expectations for attendance and discipline as these can affect program admission.
Supporting Documentation: If you are applying from a private school or from an out of district/state school, you MUST provide the following documents to Mr. Landreau before the application window closes so that the application can be fully processed. Any application missing these documents will not be reviewed or considered for admission (if you are coming from a FCS school, these documents will be sent to me automatically.) These documents can be sent electronically through email or you are free to bring in hard copies as well.
- An academic Transcript
- A Discipline Record
- An Attendance Record
- A standardized test score report (Math/Science and Dual Applicants only)
The magnet application window opens today, November 15th, 2022 and closes at midnight on January 15th, 2023.
Please make sure to enter a valid email address that is regularly checked. In the application as I will be using that email to send all future correspondence pertaining to the application process, including but not limited to- Program acceptance, Registration for the Required Math entrance exam (Math/Science and Dual applicants only), Registration for Visual & Performing Arts Auditions/interviews, etc.
- Application Window: Nov 15, 2022- Jan 15, 2023
- NSHS Math Entrance Exams dates: January 21, January 25, and February 4, 2023 (sign up using this link: https://forms.office.com/r/UUVGZ4hYws )
- Admission notifications will begin going out on February 15th and continue through February 28th.
- Visual & Performing Arts Audition Dates: TBD (Mid-March 2023)
Fulton County Magnet Program Application: