Return to Headlines
School Nutrition Update
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - BREAKFAST & LUNCH IN THE CAFETERIA IS FREE FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Currently, students are able to pick up a FREE BREAKFAST and/or LUNCH at school. PLEASE NOTE: Beginning Wednesday, October 14, students will need to get AND use their MEAL BARCODES when getting their FREE BREAKFAST and/or LUNCH. CLICK ON THE LINK or IMAGE BELOW for more INFORMATION!
From the FCS Nutrition Department:
- Fulton County Schools will continue to provide free meals to all children 18 & under, or under the age of 21 for youth with special needs. All children, regardless of school enrollment or meal eligibility status, can receive free meals.
- Students attending school face-to-face will continue to receive free meals during their school's scheduled mealtimes. Nutritious and delicious student favorites will be provided at breakfast and lunch. At breakfast this includes one entrée, one fruit, one juice, and/or milk. At lunch this includes, one entrée, two vegetables, one fruit, and/or milk. These meals do NOT need to be pre-ordered.
- Meals will be accounted for using a variety of non-contact cashiering methods.
- Limited extra sale items will be available.
- Meal Kits will still be available for virtual learners & community members at the MHS Curbside Pick-Up location on Wednesdays.
- To accommodate lunch service for face-to-face students, the hours of Curbside Pick-Up have been updated.
- Elementary School locations will be open Wednesdays from 8:30-9:30.
- Middle School and High School locations will be open Wednesdays from 9:30-10:30.
- Grab & go meal kits can be picked up from any Curbside Pick-Up location. Children do not have to be present to receive a meal kit. A student's ID number is not needed.
- Each meal kit will contain 10 meals -
- Meal kits still need to be pre-ordered online each week by Tuesday at 11:59PM
- Even though all students will temporarily receive free meals, households are strongly encouraged to complete a Free & Reduced Meal Application. Once the extension of USDA waivers expires, students will be charged for their meals based on their meal eligibility status (free, reduced, or full pay). If there is an interruption in benefits or the household does not reapply, the household is responsible for payment of meals until the application is approved.
- Free & Reduced Meal Applications support the entire district!
- A new application must be completed every school year. Visit www.fulton.schoollunchapp.com to begin the online Free & Reduced Meal application.
For more information about Fulton County School Nutrition please visit www.fcsnutrition.com.