- Johns Creek
Dear Johns Creek Families:
Beginning Monday, March 16th, instruction will be delivered via the district’s TeleSchool plan. Each day of the week will focus on a specific content area, with 120 minutes of instruction/engagement with their teachers from 9am to 11am, based on the following schedule:
- Monday – English/Language Arts
- Tuesday – Math
- Wednesday – Electives/Connections (1 hour per course)
- Thursday – Science
- Friday – Social Studies
Parents and students should check your email regularly for communication from your teachers, which will include the specific platform through which instruction will be delivered, and how to engage with teachers with questions, etc. While each day of the week has a specific content focus, teachers and content are available all week, with teachers specifically available for regular contact between the hours of 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions regarding instruction, contact your teacher directly. If you have any problems communicating with your teacher, please contact the administrator for the teacher’s department. See below for contact information:
- English/Language Arts – Caren Hudson – email@example.com
- Math – Chris Shearer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fine Arts – Patrick Martin – email@example.com
- World Language – Ashley Agans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Technology – Carlton Harris – email@example.com
- Special Education – Carlton Harris – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science – Ashley Agans – email@example.com
- Social Studies – Patrick Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any tech support needs, call the tech helpline at 470-254-2300.
Please contact your student’s counselor for any social or emotional support you may need. Counselor names, caseloads and email addresses are below:
- Toni Daniels – Last Names A-CL – DanielsT@fultonschools.org
- Fran Meredith – Last Names Co-He – MeredithF@fultonschools.org
- Daniel Hawes – Last Names Hi-Le – HawesD@fultonschools.org
- Bethany Maddox – Last Names Li-PL – MaddoxBB@fultonschools.org
- Jeanette Higgins – Last Names Po-SL – HigginsJA@fultonschools.org
- Samantha Latham – Sm-Z – LathamSJ@fultonschools.org
- Maiko Noiri-Schoen – School Social Worker – SchoenM@fultonschools.org
I just wanted to take a moment to address a couple of items as we prepare to launch into digital learning.
First, I would ask for your patience. We are about to implement digital learning for an extended period of time. Before tomorrow, we have done digital learning days only a couple of times and we knew they were coming. We were prepared for those one-day events. What begins tomorrow is going to be much more than that. Will it be perfect? No. Will it be seamless? No. But, we are committed to learning from the experience every day and using those lessons to make it better. The administration and teachers are in constant communication about tomorrow and what's to come. We are all in this together.
Second, I want to expand upon the instructional schedule that went out on Friday. It outlined the days when students would receive instruction from particular subjects. That instruction, or direct contact with the teacher starts at 9:00 am. Each of our teachers teach up to two preps, so they are likely splitting the 9:00-11:00 am window between both preps. In addition, our teachers are sharing weekly plans with your students. This work, probably 20-30 minutes/day, is intended to maintain learning and keep the students current with their learning of the standards.
Third, each day, teachers and staff are available via e-mail 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. If you are having technical difficulties, the county has a Teleschool hotline set up to mitigate those issues. That number is 470-254-2300. If your child has questions about instruction or assignments, they should contact the teacher via e-mail. If they, or you, still have questions, they can reach out to the administrator for the department. Those contacts were listed in Friday's e-mail.
I appreciate your patience and understanding as we begin this journey
Thank you, and be well.