As COVID-19 continues to be a challenge in our community, it is important Fulton County Schools (FCS) communicate updates and/or changes to COVID-related protocols within the district. This past week, face-to-face instruction resumed, and the district began amending some operational guidelines. As previously stated, maintaining face-to-face instruction is a top priority for our district. Though some employees have been out due to COVID, we intend to stay open providing we have the staff to safely operate our schools. Continuing this mitigation strategy, all schools will follow the instructions below for the upcoming week of January 24-28, 2022:
- Masks are optional in all Fulton County Schools buildings effective Saturday, 1/22.
- Beginning Monday, 1/24 Fulton County Schools will conduct contact tracing for positive cases only.
- Parents should report only positive cases to the Parent portal. Do not submit a report if you are waiting on a pending test result or for an exposure/direct contact.
Please be safe, and as always:
- Do not come to school/work if you are sick.
- If you test positive, stay home and isolate.
- We strongly encourage families to participate in vaccination and testing opportunities.
- Please follow public health guidelines and report any COVID-19 related cases to the Employee or Parent portals.
Thank you to all students, parents and staff for your continued patience in addressing the challenges of COVID and dedication to our mission of teaching and learning.