College and Career Week
College and Career Month is upon us! Throughout the month of October, Centennial High School counselors will host a plethora of student activities that will engage the post-secondary interests of each Centennial student. The events will include the following:
CHS APPLY-TO-COLLEGE DAY: Every senior student will have the opportunity to complete at least one college application with the direct assistance of a CHS counselor.
MILITARY PANEL: Students will have the opportunity to meet with various military representatives to identify post-secondary opportunities through the military.
PEACHTREE COLLEGE PLANNING EVENT: Centennial has partnered with Peachtree College Planning to host college preparatory events throughout the year. The virtual October event will focus on financial aid resources. REGISTRATION is required for the 12P noon session and the 7:00P session.
FINANCIAL AID FRIDAY: Students and parents will have an opportunity to review the benefits of the FAFSA application through the virtual presentation of Sallie Mae.
NON-TRADITIONAL CAREER FAIR:. Students will have an opportunity to explore careers that do not require a 4-year degree.
CHS ALUMNI PANEL: The event will allow CHS alumni students to discuss the CHS/Roswell resources that supported their post-secondary success.
(HASHTAG TUESDAYS) On each Tuesday of October, students will be encouraged to post an appropriate picture (to their personal social media pages) that aligns with the presented hashtag of the week
- 10/05/2021 #DreamSchoolCen10. Students will be encouraged to take and post creative pictures that highlight their dream school(s). The goal will be for students to bring various colleges/universities to the attention of their peers.
- 10/12/2021 #CuteSuitCen10. Students will be encouraged to take and post creative pictures in their work uniform. The goal will be for students to bring various job opportunities to the attention of their peers. Many high school jobs hold job growth opportunities that ultimately shape future careers.
- 10/19/2021 #KnightHackCen10. Students will be encouraged to take and post pictures with the life hack (essential resource) that has been an essential aid to their pursuit of post-secondary success while at CHS. The goal will be for students to bring attention to available Centennial High School resources.
- 10/26/2021 #CareerClickCen10. Students will be encouraged to take and post creative pictures of themselves as they picture themselves in their adult career. The goal will be for students to bring attention to various career fields in support of peer career exploration.
Event dates and details are outlined in the College and Career Calendar
Planning a College Visit:
- Juniors and Seniors may take up to three college visitation days per year. Requests for college visitation days must be submitted in advance via the College Visitation Form. The completed form should be returned to Mrs. White in the Counseling Office. The form must be returned at least three school days prior to the student absence.
- Upon submission of the college visitation form, Ms. White will provide the formal request for a college visit. The request will require student, parent and college representative signature. After the visit, the form should be returned to Mrs. White who will record the excused absence.
- Assignments missed during your college visitation day(s) should be submitted prior to the absence, unless other arrangements are made with the teacher.
- College visitation days will not be granted during final exams.