Student Password RESET
What is this notification about?
To reduce unauthorized access to student accounts, all students are advised to change their passwords. The password requirements are listed below.
At least 8 characters long and contain 3 of the following:
- At least 1 uppercase letter (A, B, C)
- At least 1 lowercase letter (a, b, c)
- At least 1 number (1, 2, 3)
- At least 1 special character (#, %, etc.)
- Cannot be the same as a previously used password
- Cannot contain the username
- Passwords are not to be shared
What is the effect?
Starting (9/13/2021) students (grades 4-12) must change their FCS account passwords if they have not done so already. Young scholars (grades K-3) may also change their passwords; school staff or parents can assist early learners with changing their passwords. Students must update their password from the default using the FCS IT Support app. This icon is available on the desktop of each student’s Windows device. Students can change their password at any time using the FCS IT Support app.
What action must Students take?
- Launch the FCS IT Support app, located on your Windows Desktop
- Click “Change My Password”
- Enter their current password and then a new password
* Note: The student can type in their current password and then click “SuggestPassword” for a new password suggestion.
*Detailed instructions for using the FCS IT Support app are available using this link PasswordReset App Instructions
How can I get more information?
Remote students who require assistance should contact the Technology Service Desk. 470-254-4357. Face-to-face students may solicit help from their school’s METI or the school device team.