- Webb Bridge
8th Grade South GA Trip
Register for 8th Grade South Georgia Trip by 09/23/2019 at 10am: http://bit.ly/soga19
Presentation shown at parent meeting:
Georgia Trip for 8th Graders!
The Webb Bridge Middle School 8th grade annual Georgia History Trip dates are November 20th-22nd. This guided tour will reinforce what we have been learning and what students will learn in 8th grade Georgia History.
The Permission Form is due to your child’s Social Studies teacher by 09/20/2019.
The total cost of the trip is $350. This price includes tours, transportation, lodging, and all meals.
Online Registration Instructions for A Plus Tours. Initial payment and registration are due by 09/20/2019.
Steps to Register
Step 1: Visit this link to register your student: https://tri.ps/s7Mlc
Step 2: This page will show you information regarding the trip, including the three-day itinerary. Once on this page, click on the green “Select” button to the right of the screen.
Step 3: This page will pull up a new registration page. Fill out the extra options you would like to add (specific diet, tee shirt, or a donation to help provide a trip for other students) and select whether you would like to pay in full or pay in two installment payments.
Step 4: Fill out the information for your student. PLEASE NOTE: It is important to include an email address that you most frequently check. If you selected a deposit amount, you will receive an email with a link to make the final payment, when the final payment is due. This email will not be used for sales or marketing emails.
Step 5: Select payment method. For convenience, you have the option to pay for your student’s trip with either a linked credit/debit card, or directly from your checking/savings account. Select your preference and click “submit”.
For questions or assistance with your registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Only students that register for a special diet will receive dietary accommodations. All meals will have non-pork options.**
1. All students must arrive at school by 6:30 A.M. on Wednesday, November 20th 2019. They are to report directly to the bus loading area or front entrance of the building as instructed. Buses will depart promptly at 6:45 A.M. Please make certain that your child’s one suitcase has a label, inside and outside, containing name, home address, and phone.
2. Parents should arrive at the school at approximately 6:30 P.M. on Friday evening, November 22, 2019 to pick up their child. A Remind will be sent approximately 1 hour before our arrival to WBMS.
3. Students may wear pants or shorts. Clothing must follow the Fulton County dress code. Comfortable shoes are a necessity, as well as a sweater, jacket, or sweatshirt, students should plan to dress in layers. Please label all items that students bring on the trip. The school cannot assume responsibility for lost items.
4. Students are encouraged to bring spending money; we suggest approximately $50.00. All meals and entrance fees have already been paid. Each student is asked to bring $3.00 to give to the chaperone to be used as gratuity for the bus driver.
5. Students may bring nutritious snacks and water for the bus. Drinks must be in cans or plastic containers. No energy drinks are allowed. Vegetarian meals (no meat) and allergy specific meals will be supplied only to students that have indicated the need on the registration form.
6. Buses are DVD equipped, and all movies will be G, PG, or PG-13. Movies will be actively monitored by the chaperones on each bus. Students may also bring their own DVDs.
7. Students will be permitted to take a cell phone on the trip. Phones are the responsibility of students. School appropriate digital citizenship is the expectation. No portable speakers, gaming systems, or laptops are allowed.
8. All county and school rules will be in effect during the trip. Students who do not follow the rules will be sent home at the parents’ expense, and disciplinary action will be taken upon the return to school.
9. Students will be assigned four to a room. Each student will be given the opportunity to
select his/her roommates. Under no circumstances are girls to be in boys’ rooms or vice versa at any time or for any reason. Once students have been checked in their rooms at night by their chaperone, they are not to open the door for anyone except a chaperone.
10. Students are not permitted to go into the ocean or the pool at any time.
11. If your child needs medication, please complete the appropriate Medication Authorization Form. The SHS1 Form is to be used if you would like school personnel to carry/store and administer medication to your child. This form can be used for any medication- including rescue, over the counter and prescription medication - any controlled medications – example ADD, psychogenic medications must use this form (students are not allow to carry this type of medication). The SHS2 Form is to be used for students who wish to carry either rescue medications (inhaler and/or Epi Pen) or Acetaminophen, Antacids, Aspirin, Cough or throat lozenges, Ibuprofen, Midol or Oral Antihistamine. ALL medication must be in the original container with label, not expired and accompanied by proper Medication Authorization Form (either SHS1 or SHS2) – signed by physician if prescription. Prescription label on the box/bottle MUST match the Medication Authorization Form EXACTLY or we will not be able to accept it.
If your child is prone to motion sickness, please have your child take mediation to counteract this condition prior to departure and tell the chaperone. If they will need this medication for the return trip, you will need to complete a SHS1 Medication Authorization Form as stated above.
Please put all medication (in their original container) in a Ziploc bag, along with the proper Medication Authorization Form and turn into the clinic by Thursday, November 14th. If you have any questions, please call the clinic at 470-254-8752.
12. Students must meet some basic guidelines in order to qualify for participation in this trip. This is essential for assuring the educational quality of the trip and the safety of the students. The guidelines are as follows:
In order to be eligible for the trip, students must have no in-school or out-of-school
Behavior and conduct expectations are in the student handbook. The administration of the school reserves the right to make final decisions concerning a student’s eligibility for the trip.
8th Grade South Georgia Trip Information
- Informational Meeting on Thursday 9/5 at 6 pm in the gym
- Trip Dates are Wednesday 11/20 through Friday 11/22
- Depart at approximately 6:30 am on 11/20
- Return at approximately 6:30 pm on 11/22
- Registration opens on 9/6 and closes on 9/18
- You will need the following information for registration:
- Registration and payment(s) will be done online only; link will be made available on the WBMS website
- Student ID Number. Correct number must be entered. Student ID number is your child’s lunch number. It can also be found on the back of his/her school issued laptop.
- Medical Insurance information. Correct identification number is important.
- List of medications taken
- Physicians Name and Phone Number
- T-shirt size (optional)
- Trip Permission forms are due by Wednesday 9/18. Form should be turned into your child’s Social Studies teacher.
- Cost of Trip is $350 per student
- Option #1-Two installments of $175.00. Payment #1 is due Wednesday 9/18. Payment #2 is due Wednesday 10/20.
- Option #2-One payment of $350.00 due by Wednesday 9/18.
- All payments will be made through A Plus Tours. WBMS will not accept any payments
- For an additional $15, a very nice Comfort Colors Memento T-shirt can be purchased. Students will be encouraged to wear the shirt on the first day of our trip.
- Parents that would like to contribute towards our student scholarship fund may do so at the time of registration, your generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Scholarships are available, scholarship students and/or parents should contact Mrs. Consola to get more information.
- Trip includes: Meals, admission and entrance fees, hotel accommodations for two nights and personalized hotel security.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: Once registered, each paying participant is committing to a $90 non-refundable deposit. Any student who must miss the trip because of a school discipline issue, sickness, or bereavement will receive a refund with only the $90 non-refundable deposit withheld. Please note that students who do not fall exclusively under the previously described scenarios will not qualify for a refund if they choose not to attend the trip.
- A Plus Tours https://aplus-tours.com/ or (706) 416-7200 or email@example.com
- Payments and registration will be done through A Plus Tours, staring 9/5
- The only documents that you will turn directly into the school are the permission form. Medications will go directly to the clinic.
- Behavioral Requirements: In order to be eligible for the trip, students must have no in-school or out-of-school suspensions. Behavior and conduct expectations are in the student handbook. The administration of the school reserves the right to make final decisions concerning a student’s eligibility for the trip.
- Questions, please contact Mrs. Consola, Grade Level Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please join the 8th grade Remind for updates and important 8th grade reminders: Text @wbms8thgra to 81010.
- A Remind Message will be sent with important trip reminders, as well as all information specific to 8th