As students in Fulton County Schools (FCS) have begun returning to face-to-face instruction, a number of changes were implemented to ensure the health and safety of students, staff, and visitors. Among the most vital of these changes is the development and introduction of a new electronic FCS COVID-19 Reporting Portal for parents. This electronic reporting process will allow for a more direct reaction from primarily the Fulton County Board of Health (FCBOH) with support from FCS to promptly respond and address student/family cases of COVID-19.
FACE TO FACE INSTRUCTIONF2F INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE F2F FAQ CLICK HERE FOR FCS AIR QUALITY/HVAC INFO CLICK HERE FOR LATEST DATA OF COVID-19 CASES IN FULTON COUNTY SCHOOLSOTHER REMINDERS:
STUDENT ID'SStudent ID's and lanyards will be distributed by the end of next week. Students will be responsible for keeping their MHS issued ID with them when they are at school.EATING OUTSIDEWe have opened the outdoor area directly behind the cafeteria for ALL students during lunch.Students eating outside MUST:
- REMOTE STUDENTS MUST LOG INTO THEIR CLASSES DAILY!
STUDENTS are REQUIRED to WEAR their FACE COVERINGS while in the CLASSROOMS and HALLWAYS. Face coverings MUST cover the student's mouth and nose. PLEASE DO NOT pull the mask down/off when talking to teachers or other students in the classroom/hallways.
- IF A STUDENT IS SICK or WAITING ON THE RESULTS OF A COVID TEST - DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL!
- Maintain social/physical distancing
- CLEAN UP ALL TRASH
- Stay within the designated student area
If there are ANY instances where students are not following the above guidelines, access to the area will be limited.WEDNESDAYS MOVING FORWARDBeginning this week, Wednesdays will NO LONGER BE ASYNCHRONOUS. Students are still expected to be available for/attend class. Instead, Wednesday's moving forward students WILL NOT have the following:
- NEW ASSESSMENTS (formative/summative)
- NEW HOMEWORK or PROJECTS collected or required for submission
MHS teachers will have the flexibility to use Wednesday's as opportunities to support/remediate/reteach their students. Please contact your students' individual teacher to understand how they will leverage Wednesday's for the remainder of the FIRST SEMESTER.BELL SCHEDULEOFF-CAMPUS WAIVERNow that we have moved into F2F learning, we are presenting our plan for those students who are taking classes off campus. To that effect, students MUST complete the required Off Campus Consent Form and Waiver.STUDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR THE OFF-CAMPUS WAIVER:
PARENTS/STUDENTS MUST CORRECTLY COMPLETE FORM AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
- Dual Enrollment (not at MHS)
- Seniors with a reduced schedule
- Students in Fulton Virtual (FVS) or Georgia Virtual (GAVS)
Work-Based Learning, Internships, Directed Study or other approved reasons, as shown on the student's current schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: Approval of the waiver does NOT guarantee a parking permit/space on MHS campus. If a student drives a vehicle onto campus WITHOUT a valid permit, the vehicle WILL BE TOWED at the owners expense.CHECK-OUT PROCESS
- First, CLICK HERE or go to https://tinyurl.com/MHSOCF20-21 and DOWNLOAD the Consent Form and Waiver and print it. Please write legibly on the contract and complete all portions that are relevant to your schedule.
- Once you have filled it out and signed in each relevant spot, SCAN AND UPLOAD the completed contract to this MICROSOFT FORM (https://tinyurl.com/Off-CampusSubForm20-21). NO DIGITAL SIGNATURES will be accepted - it must be an actual signature on the form.
- Finally, be sure to submit your Microsoft Form and screenshot that submission page. You will need to show this when you come to campus to pick up your stickers.
Please note that due to COVID safety protocols currently in place, the student check-out process has been adjusted.
If a parent or guardian needs to check out a student at a specific time, the following process must be followed by the student and parent/guardian:
- The student should bring a Parent-signed checkout note to the FRONT OFFICE in the morning the day of the check-out. The Parent can also email a note AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE CHECKOUT TIME to the attendance office at BlantonA1@fultonschools.org
- The note or email MUST include:
- Name and/or signature of parent/guardian
- Phone number, should the attendance office need to reach you
- Reason for check out
- Check out time
- The attendance office will issue a checkout pass to the student.
- When it is time for the student to leave, the student will show their teacher the checkout pass issued by the attendance office.
ILLNESS AT SCHOOL
Students who do not feel well while at school should report to the clinic immediately. The clinic will reach out to the Parent/Guardian for pick-up verification.
Please contact the Attendance Office at 470-254-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT ID PICK-UPIf you have not received your Student ID, and your ELA class is FVS, GAVS, Dual Enrollment, or have no ELA class, please pick up your ID and lanyard in the Front Office starting November 16. Final time for pickup before Thanksgiving Break will be 11/20/20 at 3:30 PMEAGLE PRIDEACADEMICSCIENCE OLYMPIADThis past weekend, Milton Science Olympiad participated in UGA Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament! Going against the top teams across the southeast, Milton placed 5th overall! Special shoutout to the people below for placing in their specific events:2nd Place - Chemistry LabVishaal Ram & Aryan Dhingra2nd Place - CodebustersVishaal Ram, Pranav Viswanadha & Emily Song2nd Place - Sounds of MusicNavina Doss & Aryan Dhingra
Need technical assistance with Logins or Devices?
Help is just a phone call away!
Universal Remote Learning Hotline:
7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
- Hubs will support hotspot distribution, device swaps, or power cord needs.
- Hubs are regionally located at Banneker HS, Taylor Road MS, and Ridgeview MS.
- Call the Hotline (470-254-2300) to make an appointment.
HOME EVENTSNONEAWAY EVENTSFRI 11/20: Football v Cherokee 7:30PMSAT 11/21: Swimming v North Springs 7:30PM (Dynamo)SAT 11/21: Boys Bball v McEachern Tip-Off Classic 8:00PM