MASKS OPTIONAL STARTING 1/22
Per Fulton County Schools, all schools will follow the instructions below for the upcoming week of January 24-28, 2022:
- Masks are optional in all Fulton County Schools and buildings effective Saturday, 1/22.
- Beginning Monday, 1/24 Fulton County Schools will conduct contact tracing for positive cases only.
- Parents should report only positive cases to the Parent portal. Do not submit a report if you are waiting on a pending test result or for an exposure/direct contact.
Please be safe, and as always:
- Do not come to school if you are sick.
- If you test positive stay home and isolate.
- We strongly encourage families to participate in vaccination and testing opportunities.
- Please follow public health guidelines and report any COVID-19 related cases to the Parent portal.
STARTED A NEW AP COURSE BEGINNING JANUARY 2022
2022 AP exam registration is underway for students who are enrolled in brand new 2nd semester AP courses only (THIS TYPE OF REGISTRATION IS NOT FOR ANY STUDENT WHO HAS BEEN ENROLLED IN A YEAR-LONG FACE TO FACE (F2F) OR GAVS AP COURSE(S) SINCE AUGUST 2021).
- To register for exam(s), you must first have a College Board account. Please visit apcentral.collegeboard.org to create your account.
- Once you have created an account, use the JOIN CODE you received from your AP teacher to sign up for each AP exam you want to take.
- If you are enrolled in a GAVS AP course, you will receive an email with your JOIN CODE(s) attached.
2022 AP LATE REGISTRATION
If a student has been enrolled in yearlong F2F and GAVS AP courses or fall (one semester) AP courses and did not register before the November 15th deadline, they must pay $40.00 late fee for each exam being ordered. If the fee(s) is not paid by Thursday, March 10th, 2021, the exam(s) will not be ordered.
Students must follow the steps below to pay late registration/order fees:
- Go to Milton High School website
- Click in Online School Payments (OSP)
- Click on Milton HS (left side of screen)
- Click AP Exam Late Order Fee
- Complete the Order Form (be sure to pay $40.00 for each exam you want to register for)
- Save receipt for records
- Student must email receipt to: Scott Hetherington at hetheringtons@fultonschools.
org or Monica White at email@example.com Students must state the following in the email:
- Student Name
- Subject exam(s) student wants ordered
- Teacher(s) and Period(s) or AP courses in which the student is enrolled
Once we receive the email with the above information and receipt attached, an email with JOIN CODE(s) will be emailed to the student. Once the student registers for the exam(s), the exam(s) will be ordered.
The DEADLINE to register for AP exams is Thursday, March 10 at 11:59PM.
SECOND SEMESTER EXPECTATIONS REMINDER
When students return to school for face-to-face instruction on Monday, January 10, 2022, EVERY student will be issued a STUDENT IDENTIFICATION (ID) CARD. The STUDENT ID’s will be distributed through your student’s ADVISEMENT CLASS (see schedule below). ALL STUDENTS will be required to have their school issued ID with them while on campus.
Beginning 2nd Semester, Milton will have a NO LOITERING POLICY during class changes from 8:20AM until 3:30PM. The means that ALL students must be CONTINUOUSLY MOVING during ALL class changes. Students will be reminded of this expectation during every class change the week of Monday 10 through Friday, January 14. This will be the GRACE PERIOD for this policy. This policy will go into effect on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. PLEASE NOTE: No loitering does NOT mean no talking!
- Students CAN walk and talk with their friends as they transition between classes. Also, students will have time to congregate and socialize before the instructional day begins (8:20AM), as well as during their scheduled lunch period.
- Students who stop to use their locker WILL NOT BE disciplined. Students with lockers will be expected to get the items they need for class and then continue moving to their next location.
- We want our students to be able to transition between classes without delay. As long as students are moving during transition, they can socialize and communicate with their peers.
STUDENTS ENROLLED IN FVS and/or GAVS CLASSES
Students who are enrolled in online classes through FULTON VIRTUAL SCHOOL (FVS) or GEORGIA VIRTUAL SCHOOL (GAVS) and CHOOSE to do those classes on campus MUST remain in the CAFETERIA and they MUST be ACTIVELY WORKING on their FVS or GAVS course while in the cafeteria. During 4th and/or 5th periods virtual students MUST report to the VIRTUAL LAB or the MEDIA HUB. Any student in FVS/GAVS that is NOT in their DESIGNATED AREA (cafeteria) during their FVS/GAVS course WILL receive a disciplinary consequence. All students with FVS/GAVS during periods 1 or 7 have the option of arriving late or leaving early IF they have completed the off-campus waiver form.
2022-2023 COURSE SELECTION TIMELINE
STUDENT ATTENDANCE POLICYATTENTION: NO EMAILS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR CHECK-OUTSIf a parent needs to excuse a student from attendance FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL DAY, notify Amy Blanton at BlantonA1@fultonschools.org. The following must be included:
To check out your student DURING the school day: CLICK HERE FOR THE CHECK OUT PROCESSParents/guardians can monitor their child's attendance using Infinite Campus. More detailed information about our attendance policy can be found here.Please use the links below for additional resources:
- Student Name
- Student FCS ID Number (lunch number)
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Email & Phone Number
- Reason for Excuse
ALL STATE ORCHESTRA
Congratulations to the Milton Orchestra students who were selected to this year's All-State Orchestra! They advanced through three highly competitive audition rounds to earn this distinction.
Danielle Najarian: Violin
Ella Grace Malcom: Violin
Yousuf Mirza: Violin
Esha Sringeri: Viola
Hannah Smallwood: Viola
Thomas Gamba: Bass
Connor Oneacre: Bass
Kaitlin Ros: Bass
Anoushka Scaria: Harp
Congratulations to Vishaal Ram, Milton class of 2021, for his success in the 2020 Classical Association of the Middle, West, and South translation contest. This national contest features some of the best scholars in the nation competing to accurately sight read and provide accurate translations for authentic Latin text. Vishaal won a letter of commendation in the Advanced Latin division, despite only taking three years of Latin. This was Vishaal's second letter of commendation: he also was recognized in the 2019 contest. Because of organizational issues the CAMWS results were only posted this week, despite the exam taking place in December of 2020.
Kudos to Vishaal and his continued success in this arduous competition.
TUE 1/25: Girls Tennis v TBD 4:00PM
TUE 1/25: Wrestling v Roswell 6:00PM *Senior Night*
TUE 1/25: Soccer v Chattahoochee VG 5:55 / VB 7:55PM
WED 1/26: 9th Grade Basketball Tourney 6:00 & 7:30PM
FRI 1/28: Soccer v Marietta VG 5:55 / VB 7:55PM
FRI 1/28: Basketball v Woodstock JVG 4:30 / VG 6:00 / VB 7:30PM
SAT 1/29: Basketball Longhorn Classic All Day
MON 1/24: 9th & JV Boys Basketball v Northview 6:00 & 7:30PM
TUE 1/25: Basketball v Cherokee JV/B & G 4:30/VG 6:00/VB 7:30PM
TUE 1/25: Varsity Boys Tennis v Chattahoochee 4:00PM
WED 1/26: JV Basketball Tourney TBA
WED 1/26: JV Boys Tennis v Sequoyah 4:00PM
SAT 1/29: JV Basketball Tourney TBD
SAT 1/29: Girls Basketball v Lakeside Dekalb JVG 1:00 / VG 2:30PM
SAT 1/29: Wrestling Region Tourney Roswell 9:00AM