- 02/20/2023: PRESIDENTS' DAY HOLIDAY (NO SCHOOL)
REGISTRATION TIMELINE FOR 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
The expected registration timeline is as follows:
- Monday, February 6: Students will receive Verification Form #1 (free for all changes!)
- Tuesday, February 14: Verification Form #1 is DUE (this is the end of free for all changes)
- Monday, February 20: Students will receive Verification Form #2 (limited number of changes allowed)
- Friday, February 24: Verification Form #2 is DUE (Form #2 is the last opportunity to indicate you want an online course in your schedule for the 2023-2024 school year)
Course selections during registration are considered FINAL. There are limited to no opportunities for additional changes beyond these deadlines. Students are advised to use the time allotted to make educated decisions; turning in the Verification Form faster does not mean you have a better chance of getting your desired schedule
In lieu of scheduling individual academic advisement appointments, counselors will be available in the Media Center for STUDENT walk-ins on the afternoon of February 6, all-day February 8, and all-day February 10. This will allow students to come by and ask any questions related to courses and registration without needing an appointment.
SCHOOL HOURS FOR STUDENTS
- The school will open for students at 7:30AM daily.
- The school day STARTS at 8:20AM.
- Arriving to school AFTER 8:20AM means the student is TARDY for school.
- FCS provides bus transportation for ALL STUDENTS (this helps lessen the drop-off traffic)
- The school day concludes at 3:30PM. Students in the building after 3:30PM need to be with their teacher, coach or group sponsor.
- Students on campus unsupervised will face disciplinary consequences.
TARDY POLICY AT MILTON HIGH SCHOOL
Attendance will be taken DAILY by teachers. Tardies are counted across all classes. For instance, if a student is tardy to 1st period, 3rd period, and 5th period, then they would have a total of three tardies. Please note that the tardy count will reset at the beginning of each semester. Consequences for tardiness will be handled by the administration of Milton High School. See the following matrix below for consequences of tardies:
Consequences for Tardiness *COUNTS FOR UNEXCUSED TARDIES ONLY
- > 5 TARDIES- WARNING & PHONE CALL HOME
- 5 TARDIES - ADMINISTRATIVE CONFERENCE & PHONE CALL HOME
- 8 TARDIES - ADMINISTRATIVE DETENTION & PHONE CALL HOME
- 10 TARDIES - ADMINISTRATIVE DETENTION & PHONE CALL HOME
- 12+ TARDIES - STUDENT MAY BE PLACED IN HIGHER TIER FOR BEHAVIOR WHICH MAY INCLUDE MORE PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE CONSEQUENCES.
- Milton High School is NOT an OPEN CAMPUS!
- Students must report to the cafeteria during their LUNCH period.
- Students will have access to outdoor seating during each lunch period. FOOD is NOT ALLOWED OUTSIDE.
- FOOD DELIVERY FROM SERVICES LIKE DOOR DASH/UBER EATS/POSTMATES, TO SCHOOL IS NOT ALLOWED!
- CLICK HERE for Free/Reduced Lunch Application (PLEASE NOTE – ALL STUDENTS will no longer get free breakfast & lunch. Families must apply for FREE/REDUCED LUNCH status).
- CLICK HERE for Student Lunch Account access
Congratulations to Junior Ava Taylor for garnering the 2D Award for the GAEA/NAHS Push Pin Show at GA College and State University! A big congrats to the entire team who attended Georgia’s National Art Honor Society Leadership Conference: Aoife Donohoe, President; Jenna McCullough, VP; Ava Taylor, Secretary/Historian; Danielle Hackett, Member-at-Large. They proudly repped the M!
Last weekend, Milton's DECA club had its' first competition. At the conference, 11 students competed in 5 different events including: Integrated Marketing Campaign (service and product), Sports and Entertainment Operations Research, Marketing Management Team Decision Making Event, and Finance Operations Research. Seniors Gavin Harrison and Sujay Vijayakumar both placed in the top 8 in their category and qualified for the The DECA International Career Development Conference which will take place in Orlando, FL later this semester. Congratulations all inaugural members for a successful first conference!
Milton Latin Excels at Fulton Forum
Congratulations to the Milton Latin students who participated in the 2023 Fulton Forum Language contest at North Springs High School on Saturday, January 21st. The Fulton Forum is the premiere Fulton County language contest, one of the few county-operated contests in the state of Georgia. The Milton Latin students who took part in this year’s contest did exceptionally well, with every student winning an award of Excellent or higher.
Quinn Cross - Superior
Jahaan Lalwani - Excellent
Jack Lutz - Superior
Adam Nelson - Superior
Sean Sternot – Superior
Kudos to these fine Classicists for their dedication and enthusiasm for erudition. Their willingness to sacrifice a precious Saturday to represent Milton at the county-wide tournament shows why Milton is among the finest schools not only in the county, but beyond. They truly “Rep the M” with their sagacity and profundity!
MON 01/30: JV BOYS TENNIS v BT
TUE 01/31: VAR BASKETBALL v W. FORSYTH G@6:00/B@7:30PM
TUE 01/31: GIRLS JV BASKETBALL v WEST FORSYTH 4:30PM
WED 02/01: BOYS BASKETBALL v LAMBERT JV@6:00/9th@7:30PM
FRI 02/03: TRACK & FIELD POLAR BEAR 3:45PM
MON 01/30: GIRLS TENNIS JV @ BT
MON 01/30: GIRLS TENNIS JV @ BT
MON 01/30: JV SOCCER JV v FORSYTH CENTRAL G@5:55/B@7:55PM
TUE 01/31: VAR SOCCER v MARIETTA G@5:55 / B@7:55PM
TUE 01/31: B & G VAR TENNIS VARSITY v N. GWINETT
THU 02/02: BOYS BASKETBALL v LAMBERT JV@6:00 / 9th@7:30PM
FRI 02/03: VAR BASKETBALL v SOUTH FORSYTH G@6:00 / B@7:30PM
FRI 02/03: JV BASKETBALL JV v SOUTH FORSYTH B & G @4:30PM
FRI 02/03: 9th BOYS BASKETBALL v SOUTH FORSYTH 6:00PM
FRI 02/03: VAR SOCCER v CHATTAHOOCHEE G@5:55 / B@7:55PM
SAT 02/04: WRESTLING VARSITY GHSA REGION TBD
SAT 02/04: BOYS BASKETBALL v HAPEVILLE 9th@3:00 / JV@4:30PM