FCS Guidelines for Absence Documentation
Documentation is required when a child is absent. Parents should email or send a note to the child’s teacher letting them know why their child was absent. The email or document will then be sent to the front desk for official review.
The following must be included in the note/email:
- Student Name
- Student FCS ID Number (Lunch Number)
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Email & Phone Number
- Reason for Excuse
You can also print and fill out the official Woodland ES Absence Notice letter. Scroll down to find the document.
A school may request additional documentation if a student has reached the following benchmarks.
- After 3 consecutive ill absences, a doctor’s note will be required.
- 7 or more days for any reason (not including an assigned remote day).
- 10 or more late arrivals or early checkouts.