Did You Know?
Excuse Note Policy for Student Absences, Late Arrivals and Early Checkouts
Absences, late arrivals and early checkouts are considered unexcused until we receive an excuse note from parents, guardians or healthcare providers. Parents should submit an excuse note for each day the student is absent. Excuse notes must be submitted within 5 days of the absence.
Excuse notes can be submitted to Hembree Springs in two ways.
1. Email both the Hembree Springs attendance mailbox and homeroom teacher. Parents should email both the homeroom teacher and email@example.com. Emails received by 2:00pm will be processed within 24 hours of receipt.
2. Submit a paper note. Submit the note to the front desk or to the homeroom teacher. Paper notes will be processed within 48 hours of receipt.
Request Policy for Participate Remotely Absences
When your child will be absent from school for travel, family emergency or other non-illness related reason, parents may request for their child(ren) to participate remotely by completing this online form.
Participating Remotely (PR)
- GA PK Students are not eligible for PR excused absences. Only students in grades K-5 are eligible.
- PR days may not be used for travel outside of the United States.
- Students can substitute up to 5 absences per semester (a max of 10 per year) with a “Participating Remotely” learning day. This will result in the student being counted as present for the day(s) they participate remotely.
- Parent must complete the electronic Request for Principal Approved Absence Form at least 24 hours prior to the absence.
- Parent must work with your child’s teacher(s) to arrange a plan for completing the work (asynchronous work only).
- Missed work must be submitted within 2 days of returning to school. If work is not submitted by this deadline, the student will be marked with an unexcused absence for the days missed.
- Participating Remotely days do not count as an absence.
- Students may not use a remote learning day on a test day.