Did You Know?
- Regular school attendance in elementary school improves the chances that your child will read on grade level.
- Chronic absenteeism (missing 18 or more school days per year) is a primary cause of lower academic achievement even when the absences are "excused" or understandable.
- Students who attend 90% or more of the school year are more likely to graduate from high school on time.
- Absences can be a sign that a student is losing interest in school, struggling with school work, dealing with peer conflicts or facing some other potentially serious difficulty, and help is available.
Hembree Springs Excuse Note Policy for Student Absences, Late Arrivals and Early Checkouts
Absences, late arrivals and early checkouts are considered unexcused until we receive an excuse note from parents, guardians or healthcare providers. Parents should submit an excuse note for each day the student is absent. Excuse notes must be submitted within 5 days of the absence.
Excuse notes can be submitted to Hembree Springs in two ways.
1. Email both the Hembree Springs attendance mailbox and homeroom teacher. Parents should email both the homeroom teacher and firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails received by 2:00pm will be processed within 24 hours of receipt.
2. Submit a paper note. Submit the note to the front desk or to the homeroom teacher. Paper notes will be processed within 48 hours of receipt.
Click here to link to the Fulton County Schools Attendance webpage for more information regarding the Attendance Policy