If your child is absent from school, please submit an email to LWEattendance@fultonschools.org within five days of returning to school.
- Child's first and last name
- The absence date(s)
- Reason for absence(s) *Attach a doctor's note if applicable
- Copy your child's homeroom teacher on the email as well. - You can monitor student attendance in your Campus Parent Portal account.
PRE-APPROVED ABSENCE FORM
Procedure for Absence Pre-Approval Requests:
Students should be present in school every day unless illness or other extenuating circumstances exist. The Georgia Board of Education lawfully excuses students for the following reasons: personal illness, death in the immediate family, religious holidays, and other educational days as pre-approved by the school principal. Parents/guardians must notify the principal of their request by completing the request form located on the school website at least five school days prior to the absence. Submission of parental/guardian request does not guarantee approval. A school administrator or designee will contact the parent/guardian upon the final decision. As in the past, absences for illness, death in the family or religious holidays can be approved by sending an email to LWEattendance@fultonschools.org.
- The principal/designee approval form is to be used for extenuating circumstances only
- One form is required per student
- Submit the completed, signed, and dated form to LWEattendance@fultonschools.org.
- Your student’s attendance record will be taken into consideration when reviewing your request.
- A copy of the decision to accept, decline or amend your request will be emailed back to you.
Click below for the updated Fulton County attendance policies: (Give about 30 seconds to load)