Attendance Notification and Important Reminders
Attendance Calls & Emails
- Parents and Guardians will be notified regularly when students are absent. Infinite Campus (IC) will send an email when an absence occurs. In addition, an automatic phone call will be made when your child is absent. Below illustrates when parent contact will be made.
- Middle/high school messages begin going out from IC around 4:30 pm on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact information you provided in Infinite Campus. The includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact the attendance office to verify that your student's attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact the attendance office by sending a note or email so that the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.
- For more information from Fulton County Schools regarding attendance, please see the Attendance FAQ.
You can contact the Cambridge Attendance Office at: CHSAttendance@fultonschools.org.
Important Attendance Reminders
- If your child is at school and becomes sick, the student must go to the clinic and check out through the clinic and the attendance office.
- Pre-approved absence requests are needed five days before the absence. Pre-approved forms for absences such as college visits, family events, etc., can be found at the link below. Pre-approved absence forms are also needed for participating remotely (5 per semester - 10 max for the year).
Pre-approved Absence Form
- Students who need to be checked out during the school day will need to provide a written note from the parent/guardian that includes:
- Student name and student ID
- Date and time of check out
- Phone number where parent/guardian can be reached for verification
- Reason for check out
Walk-in checkouts are strongly discouraged, as we do not disrupt classrooms by calling into them, and there could be a significant delay as we reach your child.
Only individuals who appear as an emergency contact or a parent/guardian can check out a student. Government-issued IDs are required to check out a student.
If your student is directed to quarantine, you will see the designation 'Assigned Remote' posted in Infinite Campus. You may still receive automated notifications of absences but know that this designation confirms that your student has an excused absence.
Please see Fulton County School's Attendance Policy on our website and in the Parent/Student handbook for more attendance information.