In addition to a counselor, Innovation Academy provides a robust advisory program that includes staff, corporate, and peer mentorships for each student. Additional support will help students feel connected and involved in their school and larger community.
Counselor – IA’s comprehensive counseling program will focus on responding to students’ academic, social, emotional and whole-person needs to help each person reach their maximum potential.
- Individual Academic Planning – 4-year plan for graduation and beyond
- Small Group Counseling - stress management, goal setting, self-advocacy etc.
- Large Group Assemblies – community partners on various topics
- Consultations – working with students’ teachers, mentors, parents, etc.
- Post-Secondary Planning – finding the right landing spot after high school
- Crisis Management – referral to supplemental mental and academic resources
Staff – Every student will be paired with a staff member for one year.
- YouScience Consultant -assists in interpreting performance measures of aptitudes
- Project Consultant - provides feedback with capstone and other projects
- Resource Consultant – guides to support resources (tutor, counseling, etc…)
Corporate – Students are paired with a corporate mentor for one year.
- Check Ins – monthly collaboration on projects and career guidance
- Lunch Meetings – semester luncheons to strengthen relationships
- Workplace Experience – shadowing & internships for workplace exposure
Peer Mentor – Student will mentor a younger student and be mentored by an older student.
- Friend – be supportive, a good listener, someone that can be depended on
- Protector – help keep your peer free from harm
- Consultant – provide advice to help your peer strive