Universal Remote Learning General Information
On July 16, 2020, the District announced that all schools will open in Universal Remote Learning Model. Universal Remote Learning model is required if a recurrence or resurgence of COVID-19 demands the District operates in a remote work environment. Based on parent feedback from last spring, we are posting teachers’ weekly lesson plans as well as the school’s daily learning schedule. Additionally, below are listed various resources to assist families during this period. Should health conditions improve, the District will move from Universal Remote Learning to Face to Face instruction. If the information you need is not located here, please reach out to your child’s teacher or the school’s administration for additional assistance.
How do I set up my parent portal account?
All portal accounts require a 1-time activation to create your ID and password. You must be a parent/guardian of a current FCS student to activate an account.
- Student first and last name (as entered on birth certificate)
- Student ID number
- Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Student grade level (2020-2021 grade level)
To set-up your account, please enter your email here: Campus Parent Portal Activation
Please note: If you are unable to activate your account by answering the verification questions, please contact local school contact person.
Who do I contact with IT issues?
School will enter school specific email and phone number info here
Where can I get more IT support?
Universal Remote Learning Hotline
9:00 AM-3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Laptop & Hotspot Distribution
• Devices will be distributed through the student’s home school in August. School will enter details.
• Hotspots can be requested through Hotline and distributed though the Hub
Hubs (For "Hands On" Help)
• Hubs are regionally located at Banneker HS, Vickery Mill ES, Taylor Road MS, and Ridgeview MS.
• Call the Hotline (470-254-2300) to make an appointment.
• Hubs will support hotspot distribution, device swaps, or power cord needs.
River Trail Middle School470-254-3860
Device Maintenance:Please follow the recommended set of steps to ensure your child's device is ready for the first day of school
(1) Have your child fully power their laptop. (2) Bring the computer and student to an FCS school, i.e., Abbotts Hill, Ocee, Findley Oaks, Chattahoochee, River Trail, etc., and get close enough to the building to pick up the FCS-WIFI signal. (3) Once positioned close enough to pick up the wireless signal, power up the laptop, and restart. The update may take up to 20 minutes.(4) Repeat often during remote learning to keep your FCS laptop updated.