· Through specially designed instruction in the least restrictive environment, students with disabilities will have access to a rigorous curriculum that is meaningful, challenging, and is aligned to grade level standards.
· The Services for Exceptional Children Department ensures the instruction of students with disabilities is grounded in grade-level standards, specially designed to meet the individual needs of each students and tailored to promote growth and learning. We do so by:
· embedding special education specific supports within the Standards Mastery Framework;
· guiding school-leaders in meeting the expectations set forth in federal, state, & local rules and regulations;
· providing explicit professional learning experiences and job embedded growth opportunities for special education staff; and
· embracing and embodying the mindsets of inclusivity, access to challenging curriculum, and high expectations.