Universal Remote Learning General Information
On July 16, 2020, the District announced that all schools will open in Universal Remote Learning Model. Universal Remote Learning model is required if a recurrence or resurgence of COVID-19 demands the District operates in a remote work environment. Please visit https://www.fultonschools.org/backtoschool for more information and resources on Universal Remote Learning. Should health conditions improve, the District will move from Universal Remote Learning to Face to Face instruction.
Universal Remote Learning (URL)
- Support for Parents
- How Students Will Be Graded
- What a Typical Day Looks Like
- Technology & Devices for URL
- Services for Exceptional Children
- New Student Registration
- Sign Up for the Campus Parent Portal
- School Year Calendars
- School Contact Information
- FoodStop Information
- Free & Reduced-Price Meals
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Updates
- Health & Safety Guidelines
- Student Code of Conduct
- FCS Plan for Returning to Face-to-Face Instruction
How do I set up my parent portal account?
All portal accounts require a 1-time activation to create your ID and password. You must be a parent/guardian of a current FCS student to activate an account.
- Student first and last name (as entered on birth certificate)
- Student ID number
- Student Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Student grade level (2020-2021 grade level)
To set-up your account, please enter your email here: Campus Parent Portal Activation
Please note: If you are unable to activate your account by answering the verification questions, please contact the Barnwell Front Office - 470-254-4960.
Where can I get more IT support?
- Need help with a student device?
- Need to return or exchange a device?
- Need a password reset?
Call the FCS Universal Remote Hotline for more information.
Universal Remote Learning Hotline
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Laptop & Hotspot Distribution
• Devices will be distributed through the student’s home school in August in the front of school (bus lane).
- 5th grade device distribuion - Tuesday, August 11th - 8:00 AM-11:00 AM
- 4th grade device distribution - Wednesday, August 12th - 8:00 AM-11:00 AM
- 3rd grade device distribution - Wednesday, August 12th - 12:00 PM-3:00 PM
• Hotspots can be requested through Hotline and distributed though the Hub
Hubs (For "Hands On" Help)
• Hubs are regionally located at Banneker HS, Vickery Mill ES, Taylor Road MS, and Ridgeview MS.
• Call the Hotline (470-254-2300) to make an appointment.
• Hubs will support hotspot distribution, device swaps, or power cord needs.
How do I update my Contact Information?
Parent information can be updated in the Parent Portal. If you have questions, please contact Paula Cattanach at Cattanach@fultonschools.org or 470-254-9053.