2022-2023 FCS MAGNET PROGRAM APPLICATION
Hello and welcome to the North Springs High School Website. Please take some time to explore the magnet page of our website (located under the Academics tab) for specifics about the NSHS Magnet program. There you will find information detailing to a sample 4 year plan, an informational power point, a fact sheet, and Visual & Performing Arts audition requirements. If you have any additional questions or would like additional information about the Magnet program, please reach out to our program coordinator, Mr. James Landreau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below information pertaining to the Magnet application for the 2022-2023 school year!
A few reminders about magnet eligibility, a student must reside at a Fulton County Schools address or be zoned for a Fulton County School. Unfortunately, students residing in APS district (while still Fulton County) are not eligible for program admission. If you live outside of FCS district you can apply if you will be living within FCS district by the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year. Proof of residency is required as part of the enrollment process.
NSHS Admission requirements:
- Must have an overall Cumulative GPA of 80 (B) or higher.
- Must have an 80 or higher grade in current Fine arts course (for VPA or Dual magnet applicants)
- Must have an 85 or higher grade in current Math/Science courses (for Math/Science or Dual applicants)
- Magnet students are held to high expectations for attendance and discipline as these can affect program admission.
Supporting Documentation: If you are applying from a private school or from an out of district/state school, you MUST provide the following documents to Mr. Landreau before the application window closes so that the application can be fully processed. Any application missing these documents will not be reviewed or considered for admission (if you are coming from a FCS school, these documents will be sent to me automatically.) These documents can be sent electronically through email or you are free to bring in hard copies as well.
- An academic Transcript
- A Discipline Record
- An Attendance Record
- A standardized test score report (Math/Science and Dual Applicants only)
The magnet application window opens today, November 15th, 2021 and closes at midnight on January 15th, 2022.
- Please make sure to enter a valid email address that is regularly checked. In the application as I will be using that email to send all future correspondence pertaining to the application process, including but not limited to- Program acceptance, Registration for the Required Math entrance exam (Math/Science and Dual applicants only), Registration for Visual & Performing Arts Auditions/interviews, etc.
- Magnet timeline:
- Application Window: Nov 15, 2021- Jan 15, 2022
- NSHS Math Entrance Exams dates: January 22, January 19, and February 5, 2022
- Admission notifications will begin going out on February 15th and continue through February 28th.
- Visual & Performing Arts Audition Dates: TBD (sometime in Mid-March 2022)
Fulton County Magnet Program Application (you can use either the link below or the QR code to access the application.)
What to Expect
During your time in the North Springs Magnet Program, you will have the opportunity to work alongside students that share your vision, interest, and passion in our various curricular offerings. Additionally, you will have a great support team of teachers and staff who are working professionals in their fields both inside and outside of the classroom as well as work with your guidance counselor and magnet coordinator to help keep you on track both academically and physically as they guide you through the courses you need to complete the magnet requirements.
We are so excited that you are choosing our program to further your education needs and to prepare you for the academic standards of college and the career world!
As you navigate the Magnet pages, you will find detailed information about the requirements of our Magnet programs. We offer 3 Magnet tracks: 1. Math and Science Magnet (M/S), 2. Visual and Performing Arts Magnet (VPA), or 3. Dual Magnet (Both Math/Science and Visual/Performing Arts (Dual).
If you have any questions please contact our school Magnet Coordinator, Mr. James A. Landreau by email or 770-254-2080 (direct office line).