The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
School Governance Council
All SGC Meetings are held in the Media Center at 3:00 PM.
All SGC Meetings for 2023-2024 will be held in the Media Center at 3:00 PM.
SGC Officers & Committees
Lissa Webber, Chair
Dyuti Amin, Vice Chair
Holli Freeman, Parliamentarian
Budget and Finance Committee
Outreach and Communications Committee
Principal Selection Committee