School Activities and Clubs
Hillside offers several clubs and programs, which are sponsored by Hillside teachers and staff. In order to participate in these activities, students need to meet certain requirements and complete an simple application.
Clubs & Programs
- Student Council - Grades 4th and 5th are sponsored by Ms. Lawson
- Chorus - Grades 4th and 5th are sponsored by Mr. Whisonant (2nd Semester)
- Jr. Beta - Grades 4th and 5th are sponsored by Ms. Duncan but based on certain criteria
5th Grade Only Clubs
To participate in the 5th Grade Leadership Groups, students apply at the end of 4th grade. The application includes the opportunity for students to rank their interests along with obtaining a teacher's recommendation.
- Safety Patrol - Sponsored by Mr. Kearney - Students help in the morning and afternoon, keeping everything calm in the hallways. Students also raise and lower the flags each day.
- Newspaper / YB: Sponsored by TBD Students meet weekly in the afternoons to identify & write articles for the school newspaper, which is produced approximately once a month.
- WDOG TV - Sponsored by Ms. Stewart - Student groups rotate on a weekly basis to put together a live TV broadcast each day.
School Sponsored Fairs & Competitions
- FCS Technology Fair
- Hillside Spelling Bee