Student Device Refresh
All Cambridge 9th - 11th-grade students, who currently have a school-issued
Microsoft Surface must exchange them for a Dell laptop.
Face to Face Students
Face to Face students in 9th - 11th-grades who have a Surface checked out should bring their device and charger to school as soon as possible. Students need to come to the Media Center to return their Surface, check out a new laptop, and set up their device.
Virtual students in 9th -11th-grades who have Surfaces checked out will need to bring their device and charger to school on Monday, March 15, according to the following schedule:
9:00 - 10:00 - Last names A – D
10:00 – 11:00 – Last names E – J
12:00 – 1:00 – Last names K – M
1:00 – 2:00 – Last names N – R
2:00 – 3:00 – Last names S – Z
- Drive-in at the Bethany Bend entrance
- You will be directed to drive to either the gym side or the cafeteria side of the school.
- Students exit the car to bring their device to the check-in/out station
- Students will receive their new laptops checked out to them.
- Completion of the device setup process requires a connection to the school network. To do this, students can either:
Enter the school through the cafeteria or gym (staff available to assist), or please get back in their car and drive to the bus lanes in the back of the school, where there is an outside access point for WIFI.
Virtual students who are unable to come on Monday will be able to sign up for a time to swap devices at a later date.
- Juniors taking the ACT at Cambridge on March 30 must have a school-issued device. No loaner laptops will be available on the day of the test.
- Seniors will return their Surface devices to Cambridge at the end of the school year. If they are having issues with their Surface and would like to exchange it for a laptop, please contact Mrs. Morgan at email@example.com.
- Seniors, please note that all outstanding FCS items (including issued Surfaces) must be cleared by graduation. Failure to clear your account can result in diplomas being held.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What do I do if the student’s Surface is damaged or the charger is lost/damaged?
A. You can pay with a credit card through Online School Payments: https://osp.osmsinc.com/FultonGA/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=EN720C-35
Lost/Damaged Charger - $30
Damaged Device (like cracked screen) - $100
Lost Device - $250
If you are unable to pay, your student will still be able to receive a new device/charger (in the past we waited for payment before replacing it). However, the fine will be on the student’s account until it’s paid.
Q. What do I do if my students does not currently have a school device, but would like to get one or needs one for the ACT?
A. Please plan to have your student follow the procedures for the device swap and pick up their school device during the time.
Q. How can my virtual student receive a device if they’re not available on March 15?
A. You will be able to schedule a time to receive their device the week of March 16-19. More information and the sign-up process to come.