• Parent/Student COVID-19 Reporting Portal


SHS General Information

  • The Student Health Services (SHS) Team delivers health services and programs through a team approach utilizing the Registered Nurses and Clinic Assistants in the clinics and School-Based Health Centers. Our Registered Nurses and Clinic Assistants work together to provide care for students and to serve as a resource for all health-related issues. SHS believes optimal learning requires good health. Research shows there is a clear connection between school nursing services and student academic success.

    Healthy Children…Learn Better!

    Health Services Information

    The school should be informed if your child has a medical condition or chronic illness, requires assistance with medication, or for any medical procedure or treatment.

    When possible, medication should be taken at home, including all non-essential medications such as vitamins, herbals, essential oils, and narcotic pain medications. However, if medication must be taken at school, on a field trip or during a “before or after” school chaperoned activity, parents must provide all medications (prescribed and over-the counter) in accordance with Fulton County Schools Medication Administration Policy and Guidelines.

    The parent/legal guardian must complete an authorization and instruction form entitled “AUTHORIZATION TO GIVE MEDICATION AT SCHOOL SHS-1 Form”. For all prescription medications, a healthcare provider must also sign the form. The school cannot give medications without the authorization form. The same form is used for prescription and non-prescription medications. Medication Authorization Forms are valid for one/current school year. A separate form MUST be used for each medication.

    If your child has a medical condition such as asthma, a severe allergy or another health-related condition that requires self-administration of medication, or needs to carry an emergency medication (Epipen, Diastat, Inhaler, Glucagon, etc.), or has an approved legitimate reason to carry a medication on his/her person, you must complete and submit to the school clinic an "Authorization for Students to Carry Medication SHS-2 Form". This form must be signed by the healthcare provider, parent and student.

    Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications have different requirements. Refer to the annual Health Services Information Letter.

    It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to keep the student’s health and contact information (telephone numbers, address, etc.) updated.

    By working together, we can strive to ensure the health and well-being of every student so that he/she can benefit from the education program.

  • Riverwood Cluster School Nurse:

    Paulette Abbey, RN


    Central Learning

SHS Cold and Flu

Clinic Information

  • Fulton County Schools Student Health Services adopted new guidelines in 2010 regarding High School students carrying certain medications. The rules are different for Middle School and Elementary School students. 

    Effective December 2010, High School students MAY carry the following Over the Counter medications during the school day, on school field trips, or during other school activities:  Acetaminophen, Antacids, Anacin, Cough or Throat Lozenges, Ibuprofen, Midol, or Oral Antihistamines. 

    All other medications require either an Authorization to Carry form (SHS2) on file in the clinic, or must be secured in the School Clinic with a completed Authorization to Give Medicine form on file (SHS1)


    Authorization to Give Medicine at School (SHS1)
    Students needing to take prescription or non-prescription drugs during the school day must bring the medicine in a properly marked container along with a completed authorization form to the school clinic.

    Visit the Fulton County Schools website, Student Health Services page, to download authorization forms


    Authorization to Carry Medicine at School (SHS2)
    Students needing to carry a prescription inhaler, EpiPen, insulin, or other approved medication, must complete the following form and supporting documentation and bring to the school clinic.

    Visit the Fulton County Schools website, ​Student Health Services page, to download the authorization forms


    Fulton County Schools Student Health Services Resources page



    Student Accident Insurance
    T.W. Lord & Associates provides the Student Accident Insurance for the 2016-2017 school year.

    View or download a .pdf of the ​brochure.  Brochures are also available in the school front office.

    The premiums for coverage are as follows:

    Plan Cost 
    Basic School Time $ 14.50 
    Preferred School Time $ 26.00 
    Basic 24-Hour Coverage $ 79.00 
    Preferred 24-Hour Coverage $129.50 
    Full Time Accidental Dental $ 6.00

    Fulton County Schools (FCS) does not provide student accident insurance for students and FCS is not liable for student injuries/accidents. If students are not covered under a parent's or guardian's major medical plan, or some other medical program such as Medicaid or PeachCare, etc., the student is not covered for injuries/ accidents and medical attention could be delayed and/or interrupted. This program is being offered as a convenience to parents and is being provided solely as a service. Parents with questions may contact the Fulton County Schools Risk Management Department at 470-254-2180.