The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
2021 - 2022 SGC Meetings
The School Governance Council generally meets on the second Thursday of the month from 4:30-6pm in the media center. Meetings are open to all and follow a public comment protocol included in each agenda. Our future meeting dates will be November 11th, December 9th, January13th, February 10th, March 10th, April 14th and May 12th.
- Outreach/Communication: Jennifer Finck (Chair), Julie Roden Miriam Salpeter, Scott Greb, Jeanne Connelly
- Budget/Finance: Joel King (Chair), Gina Reiman, Stephanie Peet, Tasha McCall
- Principal Selection: Stephanie Peet, Miriam Salpeter, Jennifer Finck, Julie Roden