Committed to Excellence
North Springs is committed to academic achievement for all students. With a 7 period class day, students earn 26 credits to graduate, 3 more credits than any other Fulton County high school or the State requires; students completing requirements for the magnet seal or distinguished diploma earn 28 credits. Students must also earn minimum credit in core classes to be promoted to the next grade level.
The majority of our graduating seniors continue their education in a two or four-year college or university, with the remaining students entering the military or workforce. We strive to make sure all students meet graduation requirements and those aspiring to higher education are well prepared for the college admission process. We are proud of the colleges and universities they are accepted to and choose to attend.
Georgia DOE Honors North Springs as a 2019 AP Honor School
The GaDOE released their list of AP Honor Schools. North Springs is listed in the following AP Honor School lists: This is a testament to the hard work of our staff and students who work hard to support our AP program.
- AP Access and Support (64 named): Schools with at least 30% of AP exams taken by students who identified themselves as African-American and/or Hispanic and 30% of all AP exams earning scores of 3 or higher
- AP Humanities Schools (44 named): Schools with students testing in the following AP courses: at least one English course, two history/social science courses, one fine arts course and one world language course
- AP Merit Schools (71 named): Schools with at least 20% of the total student population taking AP exams and at least 50% of all AP exams earning scores of 3 or higher
- AP STEM Schools (200 named): Schools with students testing in at least two AP math courses and two AP science courses (AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Physics C, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles)
Congratulations to all of our staff that make our AP program successful and help our students.
Find Yourself Here! Our Freshmen Academy and Magnet Programs
In order to best serve all our students, North Springs launched a Freshmen Academy in this year to provide a smaller, focused, supportive learning community for all 9th graders. To learn more about the Freshmen Academy click here. In addition to core classes, Advanced Placement classes, outstanding humanities and career academy classes North Springs offers both Math & Science and Visual & Performing Arts interest-based magnet programs making NSCHS the only high school in the state to offer both. Often called dual magnet programs, they allow students to pursue their interests in these areas in greater depth and rigor and in the arts - with teachers who are working professional artists themselves.
Our curriculum is rigorous and challenging and meets the needs of a wide variety of learners. In addition to on-level classes and magnet classes we offer:
Congrats Class of 2019!
- 20 honors classes
- 24 Advanced Placement classes
- 8 career pathways and industry certifications
- Mentorships, internships and work-based learning opportunities
- Joint enrollment in college classes
- Interrelated Resource Program supporting students with mild to moderate learning disabilities
- ESOL English Speakers of Other Languages) provides support for students whose primary language is not English to acquire language and content skills
- Talented and Gifted Program (TAG) serves academically advanced and talented students with opportunities for internships and self-directed study
- Our AVID program or Advancement Via Individual Determination is a college readiness program designed to help students in the middle prepare for and succeed in college.
Another school year is starting and last year's seniors are heading off to college and beyond. We wish them all the best.