The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
Meeting Dates & Locations
All meetings will be held via Microsoft TEAMS until further notice. Click on the date to join the meeting.
October 28, 2020**
November 18, 2020
December 16, 2020
January 27, 2021
February 24, 2021
March 31, 2021**
April 28, 2021
May 19, 2021
**This meeting allows time for public comment.