The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
For problems or questions regarding:
- Logging in to the voting system via your Home Access Center login (Parents/Guardians), please contact your school’s Home Access Center Liaison (click link for list).
Logging in to the voting system via your FCS login (School Employees), please contact the FCS Help Desk at 470-254-4350.
The election processes in general, please contact the Governance & Flexibility team at 470-254-604 or email@example.com.
SGC Council Members
- Nereyda Alvarado
- Adrienne Grainger Smith
- Tamika Green
- Dr. Reverend Deborah Holloway
- Erika Jobbers
- Lashay Johnson
- Eushanda McCauley
- Latwon Mickles
- Racquel Plummer
- Sonya Weaver
SGC Meeting Dates
Date Time August 27,2021 7:15 A.M. September 24, 2021 7:15 A.M. October 29, 2021 7:15 A.M. December 10, 2021 7:15 A.M. January 28, 2022 7:45 A.M. February 11, 2022 7:15 A.M March 25, 2022 7:00 A.M. April 29, 2022 7:15 A.M. May 13, 2022 7:15 A.M. Location: Microsoft Teams