• Parent/Student COVID-19 Reporting Portal


SHS General Information

  • The Student Health Services (SHS) Team delivers health services and programs through a team approach utilizing the Registered Nurses and Clinic Assistants in the clinics and School-Based Health Centers. Our Registered Nurses and Clinic Assistants work together to provide care for students and to serve as a resource for all health-related issues. SHS believes optimal learning requires good health. Research shows there is a clear connection between school nursing services and student academic success.

    Healthy Children…Learn Better!

    Health Services Information

    The school should be informed if your child has a medical condition or chronic illness, requires assistance with medication, or for any medical procedure or treatment.

    When possible, medication should be taken at home, including all non-essential medications such as vitamins, herbals, essential oils, and narcotic pain medications. However, if medication must be taken at school, on a field trip or during a “before or after” school chaperoned activity, parents must provide all medications (prescribed and over-the counter) in accordance with Fulton County Schools Medication Administration Policy and Guidelines.

    The parent/legal guardian must complete an authorization and instruction form entitled “AUTHORIZATION TO GIVE MEDICATION AT SCHOOL SHS-1 Form”. For all prescription medications, a healthcare provider must also sign the form. The school cannot give medications without the authorization form. The same form is used for prescription and non-prescription medications. Medication Authorization Forms are valid for one/current school year. A separate form MUST be used for each medication.

    If your child has a medical condition such as asthma, a severe allergy or another health-related condition that requires self-administration of medication, or needs to carry an emergency medication (Epipen, Diastat, Inhaler, Glucagon, etc.), or has an approved legitimate reason to carry a medication on his/her person, you must complete and submit to the school clinic an "Authorization for Students to Carry Medication SHS-2 Form". This form must be signed by the healthcare provider, parent and student.

    Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications have different requirements. Refer to the annual Health Services Information Letter.

    It is the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to keep the student’s health and contact information (telephone numbers, address, etc.) updated.

    By working together, we can strive to ensure the health and well-being of every student so that he/she can benefit from the education program.

Clinic Information

  • Randolph Elementary is concerned about the health and well-being of your child.  Please keep the school informed about allergies, diseases, or other conditions your child may be exposed to. 

    The clinic and classroom teacher should have a written record of your child's condition and specific instructions for their care.  If your child requires daily medication, he/she must come to the clinic to have it dispensed.  Written permission is required to administer any kind of medication.  Medication has to be provided by the parent, brought to school by the guardian, and it must be in the original container.

    Any student identified with a chronic illness, needs to have a health care plan on file in the clinic.  If your child has a chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, seizures, etc.) please notify the clinic and classroom teacher. 

    Prescription medication requires an authorization form signed by the doctor to be on file in the clinic.  Over the counter medications require written authorization from the parent/guardian to be on file in the clinic.  Forms are available at the front office and in the clinic.  All signed forms from you and /or your doctor may be faxed directly to the office at (404) 346-6526.

    Is your child too sick to come to school?

    The main reasons for keeping your child at home are:

    • If she or he is too sick to be comfortable at school
    • If she or he might spread a contagious disease to other children
    • Fever of 100.4F or above (can return to school when they have been without fever for 24 hours)
    • Vomiting more than once
    • Diarrhea
    • A very frequent cough
    • Persistent pain (ear, stomach, etc.)
    • Rash

    Most of these problems need to be discussed with your child's pediatrician to determine if an office visit is needed.  There are a number of other communicable diseases that require students to be excluded from school.

  • Westlake Cluster School Nurse:

    Natalie Toomer, RN


    South Learning

    Clinic Assistant:

    Taketa Green


SHS Cold and Flu