Banneker High School Student Services Mission Statement
The mission of Banneker High School’s Counseling program is to provide all students with a comprehensive, data driven, developmental school counseling program focused on academic, personal, social and career development, for them to become successful, productive contributors to society.
Banneker High School Student Services Vision Statement
Banneker High School students are well-informed, well-rounded, lifelong learners. All students are well-equipped to meet the challenges and demands of society by being resilient, resourceful, and connected.
The BHS Student Services Department operates under the belief that:
All students can learn
All students can be successful in their personal endeavors
School counselors serve as advocates for student success
All students should have access to high quality education
M 1. Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
M 2. Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
M 3. Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
M 7. School counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
Counseling Staff Info
To schedule an appointment with your student's teachers or counselor, please contact Mrs. Jasmine Brown at BrownJ30@fultonschools.org.
WORKING WITH YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Working with your counselor is vitally important as your student transitions into high school. For some this transition is
a smooth one but others come across a few bumps as they try to navigate the road to success in high school. This is why
we are here- to assist! There are several questions you may have that the counselor may be able to help you with-
- Which classes should my student be taking?
- What resources are available for my student to explore his/her career interests?
- What can my student do now to get ready for college?
- What programs are available to enhance my student's education?
- What strategies/resources can my student use to be successful in his/her classes?
- My student is having problems with his/her friends. Can the counselor help?
- My student is having emotional problems. What types of resources are available?
- My student has failed courses how can he/she get back on track?
What we do...
As your counselors we are responsible for assisting with the personal academic, career/college, and social-emotional development of your student. We as a team we will accomplish this by carrying out a comprehensive counseling plan aimed at meeting the needs of all students. Below you can find a list of things we will accomplish this academic school year:
- Academic Guidance
- College/Career Guidance
- Individual/Small Group Counseling
- Social Emotional Support
- Classroom Guidance
- Large Group Guidance
- Parent Conferences
- Special Events/Programs