The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
SGC Meeting Dates & Locations
School Governance Council Meetings will be held Virtually on Microsoft Teams.
Upcoming SGC Meetings: (Date and Time are linked to the live SGC meeting)
- November 11, 2021@ 4:00 p.m.
- October 12, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
- September 21, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
- August 17, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
- March 16, 2021 @ 4:00-5:00 PM
- February 22, 2021 @ 4:00-5:00 PM (Public Comments for Parents)
- January 20, 2021 @ 4:00-5:00 PM
- December 9, 2020 @4:00-5:00 (Public Comments for Parents)
- November 10, 2020 @ 4:00-5:00 PM
- October 2020- Rescheduled to Nov. 10 due to Tech difficulties-
- September 15, 2020 @3:00- 4:00 PM
- August 28, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
Please ensure your microphone is muted upon entering to reduce echo. Thank you! 😊👑🦏