The Media Specialist
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Sociology Master of Education in Library Media Educational Specialist in Instructional Technology
Ms. Tiffani Bowman
The Media Parapro
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Cathy Allen
Media Center Mission Statement
The Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology department promotes academic excellence by empowering student and staff to be effective, discriminating users of ideas and information. Additionally, Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology Instructors (METIs) assist instructional staff in using technology effectively for differentiating instruction and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. The Fulton County Schools Media and Educational Technology department facilitates the development of balanced and relevant collections of digital and print resources for teacher and student use. Digital resources are provided for all students that are accessible anytime, anywhere, on any web-enabled computer, laptop, or mobile device.
Welcome to Cliftondale Elementary School's Media Center!
We have a lot of fantastic information for you! We have links to information about our wonderful book fairs and important information about what it means to be a responsible digital citizen. We have Wake-Up Mustangs morning news broadcast, scholars get to inform their peers and staff about the happenings at Cliftondale Elementary! The bookfair comes twice a year, November and March. Scholars have the opportunity to buy books from the bookfair, as well as have their parents purchase books from the scholastic book flyer and pay with eWallet.
Cliftondale Elementary School wants all of our scholars to be educated users of technology. We use the Common Sense Media curiculum to teach scholars how to respect and protect themselves and others online. With the increased use of devices and online resources in all grades, it is vital that our scholars can communicate and collaborate safely online. Parents if you want to learn more about Common Sense Media, please click on the following link: https://www.commonsensemedia.org .
Over 1,600 eBooks are available on MackinVIA. These books can be downloaded onto any personal mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Nook, etc.) for reading anytime, anywhere. To access, download the free MackinVIA app or go to launchpad.fultonschools.org.
- Username: Lunch Number:
- Password: Birthdate (mmddyyyy)
Please note, some books may require the free Destiny Discover app. The username and password for this app is the same as above.
BARNES & NOBLEKids in grades 1-6 can earn a free book by participating in the Barnes & Noble "Book Your Summer" Reading program. Details are on their website.Book Fairs
The bookfair comes twice a year, November and March. Scholars have the opportunity to buy books from the bookfair, as well as have their parents purchase books from the scholastic book flyer and pay with eWallet.
How does Scholastic eWallet work?Here's how it works:
- Find your child's school and create an eWallet account here.
- Select your child's spending limit.
- Add or cancel funds at any time!
- Your child's eWallet account will be looked up at the book fair using their name, teacher, or grade level.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Book check out:
- Kindergarten - No book check out.
- First Grade - One book.
- Second - Fifth Grade - Two books.
- Students must report to their classrooms in the morning before classes. Scholars can be sent to the media center throughout the day with permission from their teacher for book check out or research purposes.
- Students are NOT to lend their books to other students. If this happens and the book is lost, the student who checked out the book will be held responsible.
- All materials may be checked out for two weeks. Materials must be brought in to the media center to be scanned and renewed.
- We do not charge fines for overdue or late books.
- No books will be renewed if there is a hold for the book.
- No new books may be checked out until an overdue book is returned.
How do I pay my library fines/fees:There are 3 ways to reconcile a library fine.
- Books that are lost must be paid for at the cost of the book. No books will be able to be checked out until all books are paid for. Payment can be made in cash in the media center or here. Report cards will be held if books are not returned or paid for.
- There will be no refunds on books paid for.
- Make out a check in the exact amount and payable to Cliftondale Elementary.
- If paying by cash, send in the exact amount.
- Pay online at Online School Payments.
MEDIA CENTER HOURS
Students: 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Faculty: 8:00 a.m.-3:40 p.m.
Cliftondale Elementary School
3340 West Stubbs Road
College Park, Georgia 30349
Hair Loveby Matthew Cherry Year Published: 2019
Zuri's hair has a mind of its own. It kinks, coils, and curls every which way. Zuri knows it's beautiful. When Daddy steps in to style it for an extra special occasion, he has a lot to learn. But he LOVES his Zuri, and he'll do anything to make her — and her hair — happy.
Tender and empowering, Hair Love is an ode to loving your natural hair — and a celebration of daddies and daughters everywhere.
Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventureby Jeff Kinney Year Published: 2020
From the imagination of Rowley Jefferson comes an adventure of epic proportions. Join Roland and his best friend, Garg the Barbarian, as they leave the safety of their village and embark on a quest to save Roland’s mom from the White Warlock. Will our heroes survive? Find out in Rowley Jefferson’s Awesome Friendly Adventure!
And don’t miss Rowley Jefferson’s first book, the instant #1 bestseller, Diary of an Awesome Friendly Kid: Rowley Jefferson’s Journal!
The Bookwanderersby Anna James Year Published: 2019
Since her mother's disappearance, eleven-year-old Tilly Pages has found comfort in the stories at Pages & Co., her grandparents' bookshop. But when her favorite characters, Anne of Green Gables and Alice from Wonderland, start showing up at the shop,Tilly's adventures become very real. Not only can she follow Anne and Alice into their books, she discovers she can bookwander into any story she chooses. Tilly's new ability leads her to fun and exciting adventures, but danger may be lurking on the very next page...
When new secrets are uncovered, it's up to Tilly to solve the mystery of what happened to her mother all those years ago. From debut author Anna James comes a charming and exciting adventure about a bookish young heroine, a mysterious librarian, and a magical bookshop that will delight book lovers everywhere.
MC Resources - School
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a fully integrated Digital Learning Platform, including a Learning Object Repository, Video Streaming Library, IPTV and Live Media Streaming, designed to handle video efficiently.
MackinVIA is a complete eResource management system providing easy access to eBooks and educational databases. You will need a Fulton County Schools username and password to access the database.
find books through our Media Center catalog.