Counseling Mission Statement
Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
- The mission of the Haynes Bridge Middle School Counseling Department is to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to provide a comprehensive counseling program that meets the academic, personal/social, and career/college needs of ALL students, while preparing them to be productive and successful citizens in the global community .
- It is the vision of the Haynes Bridge Middle School Counseling Department that our students will excel as independent thinkers, respectful individuals, and life-long learners. As a results of our comprehensive program, students will achieve their fullest potential and be socially and emotionally prepared to make a positive difference at school and in the global community.
- All students have the ability to achieve to their highest potential.
- The developmental needs of our students are best met by the implementation of a comprehensive guidance program and the collaboration of the school community/school counseling advisory council.
- Counselors are responsible for advocating for the academic and personal/social needs of every student.
- An effective counseling program uses data-driven and research-based interventions and programs to meet the needs of all students.
- Our department adheres to the American School Counselors Association’s Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Evaluations & Recommendations
Evaluations & Recommendations
If you need an evaluation or recommendation form completed for any student, for any reason, please send the request to Mrs. Coloma via email at Coloma@fultonschools.org. We are required to have a Fulton County Release of Information form on file prior to the release of any information to a third party. Once we have your release form on file, we will coordinate the collection of the forms for you and direct them to the requesting school, organization, or physician’s office.
Thank you all so much for assisting Haynes Bridge stay within Fulton County’s guidelines for managing this type of information.
Haynes Bridge Counseling Department
Parents and Guardians,
You may have received some communication from your students SSS teacher in regards to permission for the signs of suicide ( SOS) lessons being taught soon. Please disregard that email.
Our School is participating in SOS, Signs of Suicide, which teaches warning signs for suicide and how to ACT ( Acknowledge, Care, Tell) to get help if you are worried about yourself or a friend. In the presentations, which will be led by the counselors, we will watch SOS video clips and discuss them together. This will happen in groups of about 40 students. Following the video, all students will complete a response slip asking if they would like to speak to an adult. After, we will be contacting some students for feedback about the program. We are hoping this will give the students an opportunity for healthy discussion and questions and concerns that may arise. If this is too difficult, the students will be able to take a break if needed and/or not continue participation. Also, as parents, you have the right to opt your child out of this lesson. The 6th grade will have the lesson next week Nov 9th and 11th and 7th and 8th will be at a later date in December. Please complete the opt out form in the link below to opt your child out. The students who opt out will stay with their SSS teacher in the class and complete a different task. Please complete by Monday, November 9th. Thank you so much and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Fisher, email@example.com or Ms. Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bullying Prevention and Awareness
Thank you so much for attending our 2nd Counselors, Conversations and Coffee about Bullying. This was a really good one as we had Detective Laurie Nicholson from the Alpharetta PD on the call giving information on Cyberbullying and how to spot it and work through it with your student(s). We also spoke about our bullying protocol here at Haynes Bridge and how it is handled. There is great information in regards to social media and bullying. There are also great links to help with Bullying, Cyberbullying and Social Media. Hopefully these will be beneficial to you and your family. We hope you find time to watch this session and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to any counselors or administration.
P.S. Detective Laurie does speak about child pornography and what it consist of according to the law. Please be advised if you are watching with your student.
This website gives a ton of information in regards to cyberbullying and online safety as well as a plethora of tips
This website allows you to report Cyberbullying and how to identify bullying and what to do about it with your child
This website helps you support your student as they thrive in a world full of media and technology