If a student must take medication during the school day, on a field trip, or during a school chaperoned “before” or “after” school activity, an “Authorization To Give Medication At School” form must be completed. Please remember the following requirements:
- Medications (both prescription and non-prescription) must be in the original labeled container. No baggies, foil, etc.
- Parent/guardian must provide specific instructions, as well as the medication and related equipment.
- It will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform the school of any changes with the medication--new medication or new doses will not be given unless a new form is completed.
- All medication should be taken directly to the clinic by the parent and/or student.
- Unused medication will be disposed of unless picked up within one week after medication is discontinued.
- School employees will not assume any liability for supervising or assisting in the administration of medication.
- Completion of the “Authorization for Medication” form authorizes Student Health Services to discuss the medication order/request with the prescribing health care provider if indicated.