The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
SGC Council Members
- June 30, 2023
- Laurie Bolden, Vice Chair
- Jose Cherian, Chair
- Matthew Donahoe
- Chris Fragale
- Sophie Li
- Deonte Moore
- Sara Parker
- Alex Shenkar
- Anna Tavormina
- Kristina Tull, Parliamentarian
SGC Meeting Dates
Meetings are held in the Front Office Conference Room and do not allot for public comment unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, August 27th@ 7:15 a.m.
- Friday, September 24th@ 7:15 a.m.
- Friday, October 22nd@ 7:15 a.m.
- Friday, November 12th@ 7:15 a.m.
- December – No meeting
- Friday, January 21st@ 7:15 a.m.
- Friday, February 25th@ 7:15 a.m.
- Friday, March 25th@ 7:15 a.m.
- April – No meeting
- Thursday, May 12th@ 7:15 a.m.