Reach Scholarship Info
REACH Georgia: a needs-based mentoring and scholarship program providing promising students the support to graduate from high school and achieve postsecondary success.
Eligibility for the REACH Georgia Program
The REACH Program Regulations provide requirements for student eligibility. Eligible students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen for 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of classes of the spring term of the REACH Scholar’s 7th grade school year.
- Be enrolled in a REACH Participating School System.
- Qualify according to the federal income eligibility guidelines.
- Not have had more than two in-school suspensions during the two semesters or four quarters immediately preceding the spring term of the student’s 7th-grade year.
- Not have any crime and/or drug convictions.
- Not be deemed truant (truant: any child who is subject to compulsory attendance and who has more than five (5) days of unexcused absences during the student’s middle school calendar years).
- Have his/her parents/guardians complete and submit a release of information form, as part of the application process, authorizing the school to provide Georgia Student Finance Authority (GSFA) information related to the student’s participation in the program.
- Demonstrate academic promise (grade, attendance, and behavior requirements).
If you feel that you may qualify for the program, please schedule an appointment with Ms. Bartley using the link so that I may walk you through the application process. 😊
Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the River Trail Middle School Counseling Department is to advocate students' academic achievement and respect for self and others by ensuring educational equity and access for all students.
The School Counselors at River Trail Middle School believe that each student regardless of racial, cultural, sexual, educational, religious, or economic needs will be treated with dignity. We believe that all of our students can learn and achieve their highest potential with multi-faceted supports provided by staff, parents, and the community. We respect students for their inherent worth and sustain their right to participate in all school counseling services.