Spalding Drive Elementary School is a small neighborhood school within the Fulton County School charter system. Being part of a charter system allows us to offer unique curriculum focusing on the STEAM content areas allowing many educational advantages in a public school setting.
- Small Student Base: Projected enrollment is approximately 450 students
- STEAM focused instruction with an integration of Project Based learning
- Fully equipped STEM lab for all students
- 4th and 5th grade students get choice in music: general music, chorus, or guitar
- Student led live morning announcements
- Technology integration with 250 laptops, 90+ iPads, two computer labs, and interactive projectors/boards in every classroom
- Leadership opportunities for students such as Student Council and Safety Patrol
- Over 10 after school programs to meet students' varied interests, including Show Choir, Drone Club, Art Club, and Photography Club
- Partnership with Arts for Learning (Woodruff Arts Center)
- A School Governance Council that supports our Strategic Plan
- Strong PTO involvement to support school initiatives
- Academic instructional program opportunities:
- Advanced and Accelerated placement in reading and mathematics.
- Early Intervention Program (EIP) - EIP is offered in the regular classroom setting and in pullout groups. Designed for kindergarten through fifth grade students, the program provides additional small group support in the areas of reading and mathematics.
- English Language Learners (ELL) program - designed for students whose native language is not English, the ELL curriculum is founded on best practices, the Georgia Performance Standards for ELL, and the TESOL Standards with content links and appropriate curriculum materials to develop speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English.
- Exceptional Student Services - expanded services are available for students with special needs from a team of qualified teachers and professionals. Fulton County Schools are known for providing the finest support in Georgia for special needs children.
- Talented and Gifted (TAG) program - gifted endorsed staff facilitate the learning of identified students in order to maximize the students' unique learning characteristics and interests. Students are served in the TAG program at Spalding through a one day a week pull-out model as well as in general education classrooms which have gifted endorsed teachers.
© 2019 Fulton County Schools