The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
2022-2023 Meeting Dates & Times
2022-2023 Meeting Dates
If you have any questions regarding the School Governance Council at Bear Creek Middle School, please contact SGC Chair, Ms. Yolanda Hillery at HilleryY@fultonschools.org.
- September 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- October 26, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- November 2022- TBD
- December 2022- TBD
- January 25, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- February 22, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- March 22, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- April 26, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- May 24, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- June 28, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
School Governance Council Members
Ms. Yolanda Hillery
Dr. Nykole Hudson
Mrs. Adria Smith
Mrs. Lynda Higgs
Mr. Rodney Anderson
Mrs. Janine Edmonds
Mrs. Chiquita Turner
Mr. Noah Gregory
Ms. Lanisa Hines