International Baccalaureate Programme
What is the IBDP?
The IB Diploma Programe (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced program of education for junior and seniors. It prepares students for success at the university and life beyond. The program has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students.
The IB Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, activity, and service (CAS)