International Baccalaureate World School
Centennial began the process to become an IB World School in 2014. Through collaboration with our parents, students and staff, we attained authorization in March 2018. We began offering the Diploma Program courses in fall 2018. It is an honor to join the ranks of such a revered program of over 3,000 schools world-wide and over 1,500 schools in the United States. We are one of four Diploma Program schools in Fulton County.
What is the IB DP?
The IB Diploma Program (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced program of education for junior and seniors. It prepares students for success at university and life beyond. The program has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students.
The Diploma Program prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service