The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
The CHS School Governance Council is subject to the Open Meetings Act and meetings are open to the community.
The SGC Calendar was set to include the following meeting dates:
July 27th, 2022
August 31, 2022
September 14, 2022
October 19, 2022
November 16, 2022
December 7, 2022
January 18, 2023
February 15, 2023
March 15, 2023
April 19, 2023
MEETING TIMES 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
MEETING LOCATION Learning Commons Conference Room
There will not be a virtual option for this meeting.