The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
The CHS School Governance Council is subject to the Open Meetings Act and meetings are open to the community.
The SGC Calendar was set to include the following meeting dates:
August 31, 2021;
September 15, 2021;
October 20, 2021;
November 17, 2021;
December 8, 2021;
January 19, 2022;
February, 16, 2022;
March 16, 2022;
April 20, 2022.
Meetings will be held at 7:15 a.m.