School Governance Council Election Announcement
It's SGC elections season again! SGC Elections are a way for parents and teachers who are elected onto the council to have a role in the vision and direction of the school. To declare or learn more about this process, please visit the SGC Elections page.
It all starts with elections!
- Candidate Declaration Window: February 1 - April 24
- Voting Window: To Be Announced
The purpose of the School Governance Council is to provide parents, school staff, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the school. The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. The Council is responsible for making decisions regarding the strategic direction of the school including:
- Approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
SGC Member List
SGC 2022 - 2023 Meeting Schedule
Meeting Location and Time
All online meets are scheduled to start at 7:30 AM via Mircrosoft Teams. To access the online meetings, use the hyperlink posted at the top of the meeting's agenda.
Access all meeting agendas by visiting the 2022 - 2023 Meeting Documents page.