The Fulton County Schools (FCS) Communications Department’s mission is to provide services and support that deliver clear, transparent communication to all stakeholders.
The department strives to provide FCS families with accurate and timely information so they can help their children achieve academic success and graduate ready for further success in their chosen path. In addition, Communications works to provide internal business partners and teams with the information they need to focus on our strategic plan and district vision.
Freedom of Information Act/Open Records Requests should be sent to the district's Open Records Office. Please note that the Communications Department is not the original point of contact for Open Records Requests, but may become involved as news media seek comment or clarification about information they have received through the ORR process.
Services and Support
The Communications Department oversees district-wide internal and external communications, including district-level and school-level crisis communication; media relations; district newsletters for our staff and community; our public website - fultonschools.org - and employee portal; cable programming on FCS-TV; and all FCS social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). The department also produces annual publications, assists with coordinating FCS events, and provides creative services to support schools, divisions or departments, such as graphic design, brand oversight, and video production.
Internal and external communications
- Management of the district’s communications channels, including the district’s website, employee portal intranet, social media, district newsletters, and FCS-TV
- Click here to submit a request for Video Services
Multimedia and visual communications
- Creative services to support schools, divisions or departments including graphic design, brand oversight, and video production.
- Response to news media inquiries, assistance with school crisis/emergency communications, and outreach to local media outlets to publicize good news
- Consulting and strategic communication planning, including audience identification, key message development and tactical implementation
- Fulton County Schools is divided into seven Learning Zones. The zones are served by assigned communications specialists who support and promote the schools via social media, newsletters, press releases, and website articles. If your school has an event, program, or initiative that parents and the community should know about, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When parents, businesses, nonprofit organizations, civic groups, or the faith community partners with the school system, a school or a classroom, your contributions of time, talent or financial support help FCS reach a goal that everyone in our community shares: Preparing students to succeed on their chosen paths. Please let us know if you’d like to partner or volunteer with FCS.