Charter Schools in Action
Fulton County Charter Schools
According to the Fulton County Schools Board Policy, the purpose of Fulton's Charter School Portfolio is twofold:
- To provide high quality, innovative and standards based opportunities for students.
- To replicate success practices throughout the system, thus accelerating student learning.
- It administers the General Charter Application process as well as the Request for Charter Petition process
- The department monitors and evaluates the operations of charter schools. This includes compliance to applicable laws, un-waived county practices and the performance objectives detailed in the charter contract.
- Annual evaluations of the charters are regularly given to the governing boards and Fulton County Board of Education to allow for remediation.
- Successful practices are disseminated to the system for possible replication.
- Failed practices that are not remediated are considered when the charter applies for renewal.
Charter Petitioners Info
Chattahoochee Hills Renewal Recommendation Final.pdf 298.55 KB (Last Modified on February 21, 2019)