Charter Schools in Action
Fulton County Charter Schools
According to the Fulton County Schools Board Policy, the purpose of Fulton's Charter School Portfolio is twofold:
- To provide high quality, innovative and standards-based opportunities for students.
- To replicate successful practices throughout the system, thus accelerating student learning.
- The department administers the General Charter Application process as well as the Request for Charter Petition process.
- The department monitors and evaluates the operations of charter schools. This includes compliance with applicable laws, un-waived county practices and the performance objectives detailed in the charter contract.
- Annual evaluations of the charters are regularly given to the governing boards and the Fulton County Board of Education to allow for remediation.
- Successful practices are disseminated to the system for possible replication.
- Failed practices that are not remediated are considered when the charter applies for renewal.
Charter Petitioners Info
Amana Academy Renewal RecommendationAmana Renewal Recommendation Final.pdf 295.74 KB (Last Modified on February 21, 2019)
Chattahoochee Hills Charter Renewal RecommendationChattahoochee Hills Renewal Recommendation Final.pdf 298.55 KB (Last Modified on February 21, 2019)
Hapeville Charter Schools Renewal RecommendationHapeville Renewal Recommendation Final.pdf 244.45 KB (Last Modified on February 21, 2019)
Andrea Cooper Gatewood
Charter Schools Coordinator
450 Northridge Parkway
Sandy Springs, GA 30350
Amana Academy (STEM Certified)
Chattahoochee Hills Charter School
Hapeville Charter Middle School (School closed May 2022)