Fulton’s Prekindergarten Program
PLEASE NOTE: The FCS Pre-K program has limited spaces. Spaces are allocated through a lottery pre-registration process which opens on March 1, 2022 and closes on March 18, 2022. View the 2022-23 Pre-K Lottery & Pre-Registration Guidelines in the "Important Documents" section of this page.
Fulton County Schools is proud to offer 85 lottery funded Georgia Prekindergarten Program classes in 45 elementary schools throughout the district. We provide children with the learning experiences they need in order to prepare for kindergarten.
The district implements the state funded Georgia Prekindergarten Program. We provide age appropriate learning activities and experiences that help prepare young children for school. For a child to be school ready, it means they are socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively prepared for success in kindergarten.
Fulton County's Prekindergarten Program helps children become independent, self-confident, enthusiastic learners. Participation in the program encourages children to develop good habits and daily routines. It encourages teachers to adopt child-centered instructional practices based on the interests and the skill levels of each child.
Research shows that children benefit most when instruction is child-centered. Child-centered instruction allows teachers to facilitate learning in a rich environment that fosters children’s initiative, exploration, and collaborative interaction with other children and adults. To ensure a smooth transition to kindergarten, families are provided information and assistance in preparing for and gathering the documentation necessary for their child’s enrollment in kindergarten.
Through Fulton's Prekindergarten Program, the child will:
- Develop listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Develop mathematics skills by recognizing and using numerical concepts, understanding patterns and relationships, and problem solving.
- Develop science skills by exploring, manipulating, and experimenting with objects in the physical environment.
- Develop the ability to move in ways that demonstrate control, balance and coordination.
- Develop the ability to participate and function in a social environment.
Students who are four (4) years of age on or before September 1 of the enrollment year and live within the Fulton County Schools attendance zone are eligible to enroll in the program. Families must provide proof of birth (age) and residency in order to register for the program. Children are eligible to attend Georgia’s Pre-K for one year only.
FCS Registration Requirements
- Ear, Eye, Dental and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300)
- Immunization Certificate (Form 3231)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Residence Verification (Board Policy JBC, "School Admissions")
- Social Security Number (Voluntary)
Pre-K Elementary Schools
A. Philip Randolph
Asa G. Hilliard
Evoline C. West
Findley OaksHamilton E. Holmes
Love T. Nolan
Mary M. Bethune
State Bridge Crossing