FCS Tech Competition Design Contest
Congratulations to the winner of our 2021 Student Technology Competition Graphic Design Contest, Kaylee Puchalski! Kaylee is a senior at Chattahoochee High School. Special thanks to Ms. Kylie Dayton, the graphic design teacher at Chattahoochee HS!
Congratulations to the runner-up of our 2021 Student Technology Competition Graphic Design Contest, Ella Kraselsky. Ella is a junior at Chattahoochee High School. Special thanks to Ms. Kylie Dayton, the graphic design teacher at Chattahoochee HS!
2021-2022 FCS TECH COMPETITION ARE VIRTUAL ONLY
11/15 (Monday) 8:30AM ~ 12/4 (Saturday) 11:59PM - Student Registration (with Project Information & Shirt Size)
12/6 (Monday) 8:30AM ~ 12/16 (Thursday) 11:59PM - Project Submission
January - Judging Window
February - County Results Announced
PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE (7th to 12th graders ONLY):
- Registration for the Programming Challenge will not be done through STEM Wizard this year. A separate link will be shared as soon as GaSTC shares the details with the FCS Technology Competition Planning Committee.
- The challenge this year is hosted directly and online by the GaSTC on a separate date. More information to come.
2021-2022 TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION DETAILS:
- All 3rd -12th grade Fulton County students are invited to enter a student-created technology project that aligns with one of these CATEGORIES. Students may enter only ONE project.
- Projects may be submitted by an individual or up to two members. Individuals and teams of two compete against each other. All registration including project information and shirt size selection will be done by students online no later than 12/4 (Saturday) 11:59PM.
- Read the category descriptions before you select your project category. No changes can be made when a student registration is submitted. Student projects will be judged based on the category for which they registered. Changes in category WILL NOT be made for any reason after submission. Projects will be judged by the category under which the project was submitted.
- Projects are to be designed and created by students. Some adult guidance are allowed, but it must be clear that work entered by students was done by the students. Judges will expect students to demonstrate that the work is their own. This cannot be a whole class assigned project.
- Projects must be submitted as video presentation links that can be viewed by the general public. Review the Virtual Submission Guidelines for additional details. All project submission is due no later than 12/16 (Thursday) 11:59PM.
- During your preparations, continue to be BE MINDFUL of best social distancing practices.
2020-2021 State Results
Thank you so much for participating in the 2020-2021 Fulton County Virtual Technology Competition! We had the highest level of participation ever and are so proud of all students! Thank you to all volunteers, as well!
Before 12/4 (Saturday) 11:59PM, the full registratiion - project information and shirt size - must be completed for both individual and team registration. Team registration for 2 must be completed at the same time for Member #1 & 2. Each member in a team is then responsible to enter his/her own shirt size. Only one member needs to submit project information during the registration process.
General Questions: Lin-Chiou Lee
Judging Questions: Carlos Sutton
Registration Questions: Lillian Austin
Communication & Liaison Committee Chair: Martha Bongiorno
Communication & Liaison Committee Co-Chair: Nan Brown
Judging Committee Chair: Carlos Sutton
Judging Committee Co-Chair: Ashleigh Buist
Registration Committee Chair: Lillian Austin
District Chair: Lin-Chiou Lee
Admin Advisor: Heather VanLooy