Office 365 Business is Available for Students
Fulton County Schools provides all students with access to Office 365. Because of Fulton's enterprise agreement with Microsoft, all students K-12 are able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications on their home computers for FREE! This is very exciting as it will provide students with access to current digital tools to use at school and at home on any device connected to the Internet. With Office 365, learning possibilities are limitless!
Office 365 Features and Instructions
- 1 TB of space (will no longer need to use USB drives for storage)
- Ability to share files and collaborate
- Microsoft Office 2016 and apps- can install on up to 5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices
- Access to Office Online (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Access to Microsoft Teams
- Access to Sway (presentation tool) and other educational tools as they become available and approved by the Instructional Technology Department
- Microsoft Outlook
- A student’s email address is IDemail@example.com (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org). The student ID is your Fulton lunch number.
- Students will be able to use the email account to communicate with Fulton employees ONLY. Student to student email has been disabled.
- An official school email address will allow for better communication between students and teachers. School announcements and reminders will be able to be disseminated faster and more efficiently.
- Email messages may be reviewed by the District at any time
- School email addresses are a privilege that may be revoked.
How does my child access his/her account?
- Open a web browser. Go to http://portal.office.com/
- Login using this format:
- Username: email@example.com (This is your child's Fulton ID#, which is also their lunch number)
- Password: Your Fulton County password (used when logging into a computer or Launchpad). If you do not know your password, please ask your teacher.
If you would like to install Microsoft Office (ProPlus) on a computer, click the Install button at the top right corner of the screen. Click here for a video tutorial with more information.
Note: The District's agreement with Microsoft for Office 365 complies with applicable laws regarding privacy of student data including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
How To Guides
- Differences Between Office 365 and Office 2013
- Office 365 FAQ
- What's One Drive for Business
- Syncing OneDrive with a Windows computer
Office 365 on Mobile Devices
- PLease provide: student's name; student's school; description of the problem.