Welcome to Transportation Services
About FCS Transportation
The Transportation Department focuses on Service, Excellence, Accountability and Teamwork (SEAT) by operating safe, clean and well-maintained school buses; providing safe and timely routing; and by taking pride in the services offered to students, parents, and staff. A comprehensive training program ensures that Transportation’s core values of Safety-First, Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Teamwork, are shared with every new driver and each existing staff member.
To deliver students safely to their destinations on time and in a frame of mind ready to learn.
To provide safe and efficient transportation that meets all of the requirements of the daily instructional programs and extra-curricular activities.
Transportation Department Facts
- We operate the fourth largest school bus fleet in the state of Georgia.
- Our school buses travel over 1,000,000 route miles monthly.
- We drive over 759 school buses to provide AM and PM on time route delivery.
- We service 111 schools, including charter schools and other educational centers.
- Our fleet transports more than 78,000 students twice a day.
- We provide bus service for more than 25 additional educational programs encompassing before school, during school, and after school events.
- Our school buses are equipped with GPS tracking and a minimum of three interior video cameras on each bus.
- Our Fleet Maintenance facilities provide safe vehicles that are maintained to manufacturer’s specifications and comply with all State and Federal standards.
- Our school buses are safety inspected every 20 days and must pass an annual inspection by the Georgia Department of Public Safety.
- Each new driver will receive more than 12 hours of classroom training, a minimum of 12 hours of drive time with and without students, and pass to become a CDL driver.
- New drivers must pass a drug and alcohol test, a criminal background check, and have a good MVR history.
- Veteran drivers must annually pass a written competency test, eleven scored driving skills, a check ride, and a student loading/unloading assessment.
- Veteran drivers must keep their CPR certification current, their FCS First Aid certification current, and their Green Cross Defensive Driving certification current.
410 South Main Street
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
97 Heath Street
Fairburn, Georgia 30213