Required Documents

  • Ear, Eye, Dental and Nutrition Form

    No child entering a Georgia school for the first time shall be admitted unless the child has a certificate of ear, eye, dental, nutrition screening. This Georgia Department of Human Resources certificate (Form 3300) must be signed by the Health Department or a licensed Georgia physician.


    Immunization Certificate

    Georgia law requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, polio, rubella, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenza, varicella and meningitis or provide a notarized waiver for medical or religious exemption. Immunization information must be on the proper Georgia Department of Human Resources form; these are available through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness or local physicians (Form 3231).

    For more information visit:


    Proof of Date of Birth

    Students entering the school district for the first time must submit proof of date of birth to be copied by the school for placement in the permanent record folder. The school will accept evidence in the order set forth below that shows the student’s date of birth:

    1.  A certified copy of a birth certificate, certified hospital issued birth record or birth certificate; 
    2.  A military ID;
    3.  A valid driver's license;
    4.  A passport;
    5.  An adoption record;
    6.  A religious record signed by an authorized religious official;
    7.  An official school transcript; or
    8.  If none of these items can be produced, an affidavit of age sworn to By the parent, guardian or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.

    Parents may be given up to 30 calendar days after the student enrolls to secure proof of birth date. It is the parent's responsibility to pay the fee and postage for obtaining such proof of birth date.

    Birth certificates for children born in Georgia may be requested from:

    State Office of Vital Records 
    1680 Phoenix Boulevard, Suite 100
    Atlanta, GA 30349
    Phone: 404-679-4702
    Hours of operation: 8 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.


    Proof of Residency

    Proof Required:  Persons enrolling a student shall submit two proofs of residency from the school systems’ approved list of verifiable residency documents: one from the approved utility list and one from the approved residency list, upon initial enrollment in Fulton County Schools and when there is any address change (see list below). Schools will retain a copy of documents in the student’s permanent record folder. Schools will follow the records retention guidance found in the following policies: EHB Records Administration.

    Please provide ONE PROOF from EACH LIST
    Two Total Proofs Required
    Both Documents must contain Parent/Guardian Name & Current Address

    One Utility Proof
    (Must Be Current)

    • Water Bill
    • Electric Bill


    NOTE: Gas bills are no longer accepted.




    One Residence Proof
    (Must Be Current)

    • Copy of Home Mortgage Bill
    • Valid Driver's License or State-issued ID
    • Copy of Home Sale Contract
    • Section Eight/HUD Housing Document
    • Homeowners/Renter's Insurance Registration Card
    • Current Bank Statement
    • Current Paycheck
    • Current HOA Bill
    • Current Apartment/House Lease

    Provisional Enrollment: If the provision of proof of residency, age, or any other requirements is delayed, the student will be provisionally enrolled for a period of 30 calendar days. The 30-calendar day period starts on the 1st day of enrollment. At the end of this 30-calendar day period, if the two required proofs of residency have not been provided, the student will be withdrawn. By the 20th day, if no proof of residency has been provided, a withdrawal letter will be sent to the enrolling person notifying them of the imminent withdrawal of the student if no documentation is provided.

    Click here to find more information about the Residency Verification Process.


    Social Security Number

    Social security numbers are voluntary. Waivers are available in local schools. Applications for social security numbers are also available in local schools. A migrant number is acceptable.


    Academic Records

    If possible, please bring most recent report card, withdrawal form from previous school and/or transcripts. These are essential for proper placement of students. Students in grades 7-12 also will need copies of any discipline records.