The Fulton County Schools (FCS) Communications Department’s mission is to provide services and support that deliver clear, transparent communication to all stakeholders.
The Department of Communications strives to provide FCS families with accurate and timely information so they can help their children achieve academic success and graduate ready for further success in their chosen path. In addition, Communications works to provide internal business partners and teams with the information they need to focus on our strategic plan and district vision.
Freedom of Information Act/Open Records Requests should be sent to the district's Open Records Office. Please note that the Communications Department is not the original point of contact for Open Records Requests, but may become involved as news media seek comment or clarification about information they have received through the ORR process.
Services and Support
Communications oversees district-wide internal and external communications, including district and school crisis communications; media relations; district newsletters for our staff and community; our public site - fultonschools.org - and employee portal; FCS-TV; and all FCS social media. Communications also produces annual publications and assists with coordinating FCS events, and provides creative services to support schools, divisions or departments; including graphic design, brand oversight, and video production.
Internal and external communication vehicles
- Management of the district’s communications channels, including the district’s website, employee portal intranet, social media, district newsletters, and FCS-TV
- Click here to submit a request for Video Services
Multimedia and visual communications
- Creative services to support schools, divisions or departments including graphic design, brand oversight, and video production.
News and media relations
- Response to news reporters, assistance with school crisis/emergency communications, and outreach to local media outlets to publicize good news
- Consulting and strategic planning, including audience identification, key message development and tactical implementation
All Fulton County Schools are divided into 7 Learning Zones. Each zone has an assigned communications specialist. These specialists support and promote the schools in each Learning Zone via social media, newsletters, press releases, and website articles to tell the district’s stories. If your school has an event, program, or initiative you’d like covered, please contact your communications specialist, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When parents, businesses, nonprofit organizations, civic groups, or the faith community partners with the school system, a school or a classroom, your contributions of time, talent or financial support help FCS reach a goal that everyone in our community shares: Preparing students to succeed on their chosen paths. Please let us know if you’d like to partner or volunteer with FCS.