Parent & Family Engagement
What is Parent & Family Engagement?
The purpose of Parent and Family Engagement under Title I, Part A is to promote active engagement among local educational agencies (LEA) administrators, school staff, parents, parent advocacy organizations, parental involvement liaisons, community leaders, and others working to improve student achievement and academic success. Family Engagement is defined as the participation of parents in regular two-way and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Parents carry out other activities as described in section 1116 of the ESSA.
Parent Liaisons are assigned to Fulton County’s Title I schools. Parent Liaisons serve as a link between the schools and parents, relay the needs of one to the other; educate teachers and staff on how to communicate and work effectively with parents as equal partners.
Rosetta Stone Now Available FREE to All Title I Parents Who Need to Learn English
FREE Online Learning Program to Learn English
- FREE and available to all parents of children in Title I schools
- Accessible on any device, from anywhere in the world
- Limited licenses available districtwide
- Use at the school, at home or on your mobile device
- Must meet minimum usage requirements
Contact your school Parent Liaison or Bi-lingual Community Liaison with questions or for more information.
If you are already using the program, please complete our survey at https://tinyurl.com/RSsurveyFCS.
Your feedback helps us to continue the program.
District Input Survey
Please access the District Input link on our Title I homepage. Thank you