Parent & Family Engagement
The purpose of Parent and Family Engagement under Title I, Part A is to promote active engagement among local educational agencies (LEA) administrators, school staff, parents, parent advocacy organizations, parental involvement liaisons, community leaders, and others working to improve student achievement and academic success. Family Engagement is defined as the participation of parents in regular two-way and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school.
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
- Parents carry out other activities as described in section 1116 of the ESSA?.?
Parent Liaisons are assigned to Fulton County’s Title I schools. Parent Liaisons serve as a link between the schools and parents, relay the needs of one to the other; educate teachers and staff on how to communicate and work effectively with parents as equal partners.
District Title I Parent Resource Centers
Click on the school address below to be directed to the school's website.
- College Park Elementary, 2075 Princeton Ave. College Park, GA. 30337, (470)254-8040
- Palmetto Elementary, 505 Carlton Rd., Palmetto, GA 30268, (470)254-6100
- Lake Forest Elementary, 5920 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA 30328, (470?)254-8740
- Mimosa Elementary, 1550 Warsaw Rd., Roswell, GA 30076, (470)254-4540
*All Title I Schools have parent centers and/or resources available for use or check-out.
Your Opinion Matters
Join the Title I Family Engagement Team to share your feedback on the 2019-2020 Parent and Family Engagement Plan (PFEP).
All parents, families, Fulton County Schools staff, and community stakeholders are invited to review the 2018-2019 PFEP for revisions and jointly develop the District Family Engagement Plan for next year. There are 3 locations and 4 times for your convenience. Can't make it to any of the meetings? Then review the PFEP on this page and complete the feedback form and email or mail it in to: Fulton County Schools Title I Department, Attn: Family Engagement; 6201 Powers Ferry Rd., NW, Atlanta 30339. You may also email feedback to FamilyEngagementSupport@fultonschools.org. Input for this plan is being taken through May 31, 2019; however, stakeholder feedback is welcome any time during the year. To view the invitation click on a link beneath a flyer below. Se ofrecerán servicios de interpretación en español.
May 14, 2019
May 15, 2019
May 16, 2019
6110 Dodson Rd.
Holcomb Bridge Middle
2700 Holcomb Bridge Rd.
South Fulton Library
4055 Flat Shoals Rd.
8 am & 5 pm
8 am & 4:30 pm
10:15 am & 4:30 pm
Annual Title I Parent and Family Survey 2018-2019 (SY19)
Please scan below to complete our parent survey online or print a paper copy to fill out and return to your child's school or the Title I Department.
Para completar la encuesta de padres en linea, escanee el código a continuación